3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

General CG Talk

This is the place for general Computer Graphics Talk.
career development
No.1 for career progress & development info on the web ! Get fresh & free content , Get Instant Access to the Best Digital Career Products or Contact a Career Coach.Whatever you need to ...
last post on February 23, 2012 - by sonialondon
virtual sets
I've been looking online at virtual sets and I'm trying to find one that I can get in layered photoshop format so I can add or remove a ...
last post on February 22, 2012 - by Virtualsetworks
3D Drawing && Design (which program to use)?
Thanks for checking out my question I am programming games and my game engine supports these 3d designing programs Maya .mb & .ma1 3D Studio Max .max1 Cheetah 3D ...
last post on February 08, 2012 - by jgironmedia
Selling Zbrush 4 for Mac
Hello, I am selling my Zbrush 4 for mac for $550 which includes the $50 transfer fee. Please let me know and post your ...
last post on February 07, 2012 - by Mchn
Stargate kawoosh effect
Hi there, I've hit a wall in my project. For my final year project at university, I am making the control room from Stargate Atlantis. I want to create the stargate activation effect using ...
last post on February 01, 2012 - by mark00
cmiVFX Releases New Autodesk Softimage ICE Deformers Trainin
http://www.cmivfx.com/images/tutorial_images/1327931464_Master_Image.jpg cmiVFX Releases New Autodesk Softimage ICE Deformers Training Video High Definition Training Videos for the Visual Effects ...
last post on January 31, 2012 - by gustavoeb
Hash Animation Master Program
I have a Hash Animation Master program I was unable to use. I have a Mac now and want to upgrade the program and finally learn it. I know Maya seems to be the industry standard. I hope to work my way ...
last post on January 15, 2012 - by muscmxgrl
Need Guidance on How to Start?
At present I'm pursuing my 12th, which will get finished in March. I have good basic skills of Photoshop and mostly do Typography(Text) based conceptual work on it. Here are some of my ...
last post on January 05, 2012 - by Burhan
Tips and advice please. -3d artist graduate. Stuck.
Dear 3dmd forum users, I'm looking for a professional perspective, or a listening ear, to keep me on the right track, so I can eventually land my dream job. You see, I went to 3d design school, ...
last post on December 29, 2011 - by gumkid89
can i ask?
what is the memory requirements in using 3D Max? ...
last post on December 21, 2011 - by chin
Looking for a Job
I m a very talented 3D designer and i m looking for a new challenge. Does anyone know where I can find a good job apart from this forum? Thx a lot ...
last post on December 21, 2011 - by CG forums guest
virtual memory windows 7
I’m trying to load a gaming application when this message popped up, “Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file”. I also noticed that my ...
last post on December 16, 2011 - by wilsondavid
Question about 3d art as a profession
I've been doing some research on different schools and courses that offer a variety of 3d animation programs, and one thing that keeps popping up in my mind is: is this necessary? What I mean is, ...
last post on December 04, 2011 - by xyzman24
Question regarding 3D animation and game design
I am 30 years old and am returning to school after receiving an incredibly useless degree in liberal arts. I have been very interested in 3D animation (games, movies, advertisements etc.) since I ...
last post on December 02, 2011 - by baalnazzar
Does anyone else use Modo ?
Hey looking around there doesnt seem to be too many dedicated modo artists out there and i just dont know ...
last post on November 28, 2011 - by Clovis001
3D-sphere competition
Hi, I dont want to spam here, but i would like to bring this competition to your attention. Topic: create a gift that you want to get for Christmas in your favourite 3D application Prizes: ...
last post on November 27, 2011 - by Neha Gahlot
How to increase the image size on mouse over
Kindly tell me that how to increase the image size on mouse over . Is it possible to do this in dreamweaver. Share your suggestions with ...
last post on November 24, 2011 - by baalnazzar
How do I add these textures?!
Hello everyone. I have recently downloaded a Bayonetta 3d model.. but it has like 30 textures and 1 .obj file! How do I apply all these textures correctly to it?! Please help! *also I need to ...
last post on November 21, 2011 - by baalnazzar
Please Take me!
Please Take me!: you must follow this link to know how: ...
last post on November 15, 2011 - by lolita100
I need help!!!
I'm working for a small theater in hungary. I'm a student here and we are in big trouble with the next play. We have to animate a dog. We got the 3D model and the motion capture datas but we can't ...
last post on November 04, 2011 - by gyebszi
VFX Education online
Hi guys. My name is Lenar Mingazov. I'm vfx generalist and i spent last year making online education courses for students. It's included Basics and Projects courses (based on my real commercial ...
last post on October 27, 2011 - by nmarat
Anyone here doing gnomon online or escape studios online?
Wondering if anyone else here doing gnomon online or escape studios ...
last post on October 26, 2011 - by Escape_Studios
Questions about IllusionMage
Hello everyone, I have purchased this software lately called IllusionMage and I was wondering if there was anyone who was familiar with it that can give me a few tips. Thank ...
last post on October 25, 2011 - by guyfromnb
3d animations with Carrara8, Poser 8, and iclone4 pro
hi i am new in this community. here are my last Video. Please write your states to my Movie.thx! :roll: I create a love song! Enjoy it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3crx3BopT0g I ...
last post on October 25, 2011 - by georgpaul49
Anyone familiar with Sketchup?
Hi All - I am a complete n3wb when it comes to 3D modeling, and I downloaded Google Sketchup yesterday because I'll be designing and building a bar and I wanted to 3D model it before buying all ...
3ds max 2012, 2013...new features wanted!
What do u guys want to have in 3ds max?What's weak point of this ...
Best software for a newb
I am thinking about buying an animation product but I'm not sure what to get. Basically I am a newb and want to make some simple cartoons and little unique animations for my websites. Someone told me ...
Recommendation for Free Easy 3D Software
Hello! I was wondering if someone could recommend a simple and free 3D software program. I only need to create simple, shaded shapes. Thank ...
last post on October 22, 2011 - by Sconk
Asset Contest - Over $5K in Prizes
Hey Everyone! Just a quick note to let all you talented artists know about an Asset Contest design3 is having - design3(dot)com/contests/51run. We’re offering prizes worth over $5,000 to acquire ...
last post on October 08, 2011 - by design3
3ds Max: Custom UI Colour Schemes
Is there a site that you can download some Custum UI colour schemes, I've seen some pretty sweet looking screen grabs from peps....and well...I would'nt mind getting my hands on them. Any ...
last post on September 26, 2011 - by Malika9
Octane Render Power Tools
We use Octane Render on our animation production, and lately I found about this very impressive plugin called Octane Render Power Tools,. I am thinking of integrating it in our production pipeline, ...
last post on September 25, 2011 - by Muzikaaa
Designers Fiesta on September 23, 2011
Calling out creative people! Come and join Academy Class on September 23 at 15 Hatfields, London for the Designers Fiesta! Dig in the new techniques on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Social Media ...
last post on September 21, 2011 - by AcademyClassMates
Generating windows media player style graphics
Hello, is there some software that can be programmed to genrate the style of animation graphics I seen on screen savers and windows media player and other places. I am particularly looking for ...
last post on September 20, 2011 - by Helen SNow
Stargate Universe fans we need your help
ok so we are trying to organize a fan made SGU season 3, as of right now we have a few pll on script writing, me and one other person making models and a few pll trying out to be voice actors. we ...
last post on September 14, 2011 - by dannz12
Jedi Knight: Jedi Betrayal Modelers
Hello all, I am currently part of a mod team dedicated to developing a fan-made fourth sequel to the popular Jedi Knight game series. We have been developing the game since October of 2010, and a ...
last post on September 07, 2011 - by lukx
Bsurfaces v 1.5 for Blender
This plugin is really powerful. I have to say that I'm only waiting for good renderer. If it will happen one day, then Autodesk will have really do something to keep my attention for their soft. If ...
last post on September 07, 2011 - by lukx
Looking for free Blueprints
I am looking for web sites that offer free blueprints of handguns, rifles and what not. If anyone knows of any please let me know. ...
last post on September 06, 2011 - by baalnazzar
Software solution for managing 3D models, textures and video
Hi everybody! My name is Laura and I wanted to share with you a Digital Asset Management solution, intended for audiovisual and animation companies. Fuzion Media Asset Manager ( w w w . ...
last post on September 05, 2011 - by lvanmorlegan
showreel - technical artist
what should be contents in showreel of a technical ...
last post on September 05, 2011 - by knishua
What would I need
To create, render and animate. includes design color basicly every thing. what programs are best or are compatible with each other to do all this or can i just use one ...
last post on September 02, 2011 - by rockyourteeth
How is this done ? How much does it cost ?
Hi everyone, first of all forgive my noob question. I run an advertisement company in Italy and a customer is asking us to "replicate" an effect seen in another video. You can see the ...
last post on August 30, 2011 - by Tremori
I'm getting a new processor/motherboard ...
And I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on what I should get. I am below the technical poverty line, having just dropped out of full-time college, and going part time and working, so I ...
last post on August 25, 2011 - by j3dj3d
Seeking to hire 3d animator for commercial
We need a serious animator for an exerrated female character and bodybuilder, any suggestions? What site can we go onto to purchase pre-made 3d structures that could then be ...
How Add Arabic Text in 3ds MAX
Hi, any idea how to add arabic text in 3ds max 2009 ? please suggest, ...
Advice for rendering realistic 3d basketball scenes
Hi, everyone. I am new to computer graphics and 3-d modeling, so I apologize ahead of time for any dumb questions. However, I am actually fairly experienced in software (Python, C++, Java, C#) and I ...
Does mac spy software have impact on CG?
I'd like to install a piece of mac spy software in my MacBook, like the keylogger for mac called Aobo mac keylogger, but I am not sure whether it will affect the Computer Graphics or not? Does anyone ...
last post on August 23, 2011 - by Tinna
ZBRUSH 4.0 LEGAL LICENSE TRANSFER FOR SALE / SAVE $300!
Hi, have a legal ZBRUSH 4.0 PC WINDOWS license up for sale. Purchased it a while back with the intent to become a game developer but I went in a different direction. I'm only seeking $ 399.00 ...
last post on August 21, 2011 - by netmediasurfer
XbOX 360?
ok, I already know that the xbox 360 can only play SOME original xbox games. But I was wondering if you need to buy something extra for the xbox 360 to play those games. If so, what is it that you ...
last post on August 20, 2011 - by Jeff Williams
Need to find cheap headshots in LA HELLLP!!!
hey everyone so glad i have a place to talk i am new to la and have old black and white pictures and was told color is very important out here i am looking for a very cheap but very good place to ...
last post on August 10, 2011 - by thisisorganic
Showcase your artwork and win prizes
Show case your art works or photography to win prizes ...
last post on August 09, 2011 - by ronaldsmack
Mach Studio Pro GPU renderer is free now
Hello fellow 3D enthusiasts, Mach Studio Pro GPU renderer is free now. This program used to cost thousand. Here the details: http://www.studiogpu.com/machstudio Have fun ...
New short animated film presentation
Dear all, I would like to present my most recent work. It is a short animated film, called "Inclusion". The story is about a small ball that is rejected by many different societies, ...
Looking for a Book for Cinema 4d R12
Hi, So i was reading some reviews online and read that Cinema 4D R12 was the easiest software to use for some one first starting out. I was thinking about buying the book Cinema 4d R12 essential ...
3D specs
I am not an animator but I am trying to learn what average cost and time frame it takes to build a basic character that is inbetween cartoonish and realistic? Two characters one body builder one ...
Looking for a Good School of Design 3D in USA
Hi everyone! I'm new on this forum, I'm 18, I come from Switzerland, and I love the 3D (I'm working with Cinema 4D) I want to find a good School of Design in the Usa To improve my english at the ...
what is 3D models
what is 3D models..? rpcv.. ...
last post on August 03, 2011 - by Nicerender
UPDATED PRIZES Character contest @Mixamo $$$Cash Prizes$
Hey guys ! Edit : New prizes sponsored by our good friends and partners : design3 Mixamo is excited to announce our first Character Contest. We know there are a lot of talented character ...
last post on July 22, 2011 - by mixamo
Seeking 3D artists for hire in USA
Hello, Seeking bids for this 3D animation project: We like the IMVU characters because there is an element of realism but still cartoonish and larger than life because the whole point of an ...
last post on July 13, 2011 - by Valvasilef
Require some idea about digital production house
Hi all. Can anyone give some idea about the jobs done in a (small scale) digital production house? It is my dream to establish one. An idea about the courses that I can take for that purpose, will be ...
last post on July 13, 2011 - by basushilpa
"Fleshing" out wires
I've done quite a bit of fairly advanced modeling using Rhino. The process for building out these shapes is fairly time intensive, requiring a whole slew of methods, including boolean ...
last post on July 12, 2011 - by baalnazzar
establish a digital studio or a digital production house
Hi all, I am new to the site, and also i am new to the world of animation. It is my childhood dream to work with visual effects. But I don't want a job, because I am already doing a telecom job. So I ...
last post on July 11, 2011 - by basushilpa
viewshape for iOS
think the following bit of info might be interesting to some of you guys, at least to those with iphones/ipods/ipads. "Viewshape is a novel 3D model viewing application designed for iPhone ...
last post on July 01, 2011 - by noob
Is the XSI version 1 SDK documentation hosted anywhere?
I'm attempting to compile an export plugin and I need the infomation from the SDK to reference off. Background: The XSI version 1 format is a text based model format similar to the version 3.2 Direct ...
last post on June 30, 2011 - by Leroy
New Character Animator On The Scene. Hi Everyone!
Hi Everyone, My name is Avionne, nickname is Simi. How is everyone? Although my focus has been traditional 2d animation and effects. I will be working on 3d animation very soon and posting how tos ...
last post on June 29, 2011 - by simmedia
Space scenes
Okay, I am a 13 year old, and I need a software which is good for rendering space scenes (please don't mention 3ds max- it is not compatible with my system). Can anybody please tell me a software ...
last post on June 28, 2011 - by Leroy
Finally a nice crowd simulation software
Hi people! I've purchased some days ago anima 1.1 animation software from axyz design. If you are looking for a simple-to-use and affordable crowd software I have to say that anima is a very nice ...
last post on June 24, 2011 - by madfor3d
Anyone heard of Illusion Mage? Any Good?
I just heard about this software had anyone tried it out? Looks pretty decent, but I am a but of a noob so would appreciate some insight or advice before ...
last post on June 23, 2011 - by Nightboy97
Music for you animation movie
Hey I'm Asi, a composer and producer for films and video games. Recently I decided to expand my portfolio with short animation films. If you have an animation film and you need an original music ...
last post on June 11, 2011 - by ACT
Hi,Everybody
Everybody is good, we are the dress jobber from China, have the latest and most fashionable brand clothes and shoes. Louis vuitton, gucci, prada,armani,burberry and other international brand. Because ...
last post on May 30, 2011 - by save1999
How to find more clients
I am a new marketing member in a digital technology company. I found it is not very easy to find clients. Anybody there could give me some ...
last post on May 27, 2011 - by avafei
What's up
Your forum is good! Usually as i visit forums, I simply discovered crap, but these times I'm really surprised, finding a informative forum containing fantastic ...
last post on May 22, 2011 - by musik8101
Would you like to participate in a Short Human Rights Fim?
Dear, We are a voluntry human rights non profit making web society at: hiwaar organisation for human rights issues. We are creating a short film about the revolutions in the Arab world. Part of the ...
last post on May 14, 2011 - by hiwaar
Looking for help
Hello, I am just getting into 3d animation and I must say it is quite overwhelming... The main reason I want to learn it is so I can create an animated movie or series... I am looking for someone ...
last post on May 01, 2011 - by Trax
Hi Guys new here and very excited about recent development.
Hi guys new to this bourd .Just like to say hi and ask your opinions . I am very excited about the developement of transparent displays (samsung oleds tv's) i only just read about .It was somthing ...
last post on April 29, 2011 - by Amellia Sen
[ Poll ] Are you interested in changing common video to 3D video?
I'm not sure if it is possible, but it is, will you have the interest to do it? As I know, even if one have 3D devices like 3D PC, he can't watch the real 3D effects without 3D ...
last post on April 22, 2011 - by Andre Manuvalibr
What is the best software for making Stereo 3D images?
I've been doing 2D digital graphics for ages, but I've resisted getting into 3D stuff, even though I love the work I see from others, because I found the learning curve a bit too intimidating. But ...
last post on April 20, 2011 - by S3dr1ck
create Blueprints
Hi all, I'm not really into 3D modeling and such but when I played around with 3DStudio some years ago I tried a few modeling tutorials where I used blueprints in my viewports to create 3D models. ...
last post on April 19, 2011 - by S3dr1ck
Arete Productions British Animation
Hi all. We all know how difficult it is to get started in animation. I myself have a small team and new production company under construction... areteproductions(dot com)and we are all working for ...
last post on April 16, 2011 - by TT
NEED A LITTLE HELP
:?: Am using poser pro and can't read the instruction manual due to a vision impairment. Need some help. So pardon me. I am going to ask a few "stupid" questions: 1) Can I swap a male ...
last post on April 11, 2011 - by LadyLaveau
Blender3D, 3DS, Maya, ZBrush
I currently work for a international company. There are a small group of us within the company who do 3D image and animation development. But my problem is that each location uses a different IDE ...
last post on April 08, 2011 - by Energetic Pixels
Master of the Wind: Kindred Spirits Animation
This is my first ever animated short, "Master of the Wind: Kindred Spirits" It is based off the indie-RPG series called "Master of the Wind," which stars the two main ...
last post on April 07, 2011 - by TheRPGPlayer
Monthly Modeling Contest Ideas / Advice ?
I'm starting a monthly modeling contest at an online 3D group and I'm searching for ideas of what I can use as topics. I'm thinking that I will choose a word or short phrase as a theme and allow the ...
last post on March 17, 2011 - by baalnazzar
Exporting to photoshop
Hey I'm pretty competent in using photoshop, but I want to move on from just 2d images to start incorporating 3d elements into my work. My question is if I hire a 3d artist will they supply me with ...
last post on March 10, 2011 - by gareth01
Six Quick Questions About Your Experiances
Hello all, I've begun my quest to figure out what I want to do with my life, and a career as an animator is one of the few positions that has interested me. I've done a great deal of research into ...
last post on March 10, 2011 - by nelson22
3D Graphics Software Pricing
Hi Fellow Artists, We are new to this forum. we currently use Poser, Daz, Carrara / Bryce and 3DS Max which of course Max is the most expensive of our software and that is because AutoDESK own it. ...
last post on March 10, 2011 - by Andyba
New to forum, Dark Basic programmer, q about texture use
Hello all, My name is Mike, and I just found this forum looking for some textures for a 3D game engine I am working on, written in the Dark Basic Pro language. I know pretty much all of you are ...
last post on March 10, 2011 - by Andyba
Seeking 3D ARTIST to design portfolio cover image
hi, I'm a photographer/artist working in photoshop and illustrator. I've been trying to manipulate existing fonts for my title page, but I think it would make a huge difference if it were a 3D ...
last post on February 24, 2011 - by raahulsaxena
Do any of you Guru's know where I can buy Gnomon dvd's?
Hi guys, Just wanted to ask whether any of you guys know where I can purchase Gnomon dvd's here in the UK, instead of having to purchase from across the pond?! :cry: ...
last post on February 23, 2011 - by michaelwesleym
Tech Artist Info
Hello everyone, I've been finding it bored modeling all day long and would like to eventually go into VFX. I've found the technical side to many things in the past to be fun and challenging, and I ...
last post on February 04, 2011 - by TranslucentSparkle
I need help with cataloguing a big 3D models library
Hello, I'm Mario, from Argentina. I work at a architecture CG studio and I've been given the assignment of putting order and availableness (is that a word?) in the chaos of all the 3d models and ...
last post on January 28, 2011 - by marioguerson
3D Blu-ray Ripper-- Rip Blu-ray 3D to MKV, AVI, MP4 and WMV
The Blu-ray 3D Ripper, accurately the world' first Blu-ray 3D converter software, can get rid of all Blu-ray protections and freely convert Blu-ray 3D to 3D video files like AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV for ...
last post on January 27, 2011 - by Andyba
How to model a map in blender/3ds in a Halo Forge style.
Does anyone know if its even possible to have premade objects like walls, buildings, windows, and pull them out onto a 3d map by moving around like they do in Halo Reach Forge. Moving around in 3d ...
New guy interested in 3D art
Hello All! I’ve been interested in 3D art/animation since I saw Toy Story 1 Since then I’ve been watching almost every pixar/dreamworks and other works on the screen. I would like to start ...
New short animation flim feel the punch
hello guys this is nice short animated flim which done in india it is quite ...
last post on January 22, 2011 - by n394347837
Gnomon Online Master Classes!
Gnomonschool. com/master/2011 Gnomon School of Visual Effects is offering two weeks of exclusive online classes taught by leading professionals in the visual effects and games industries. Join ...
last post on January 12, 2011 - by Jsanga87
Thinking about 3D school. Need advice. Thanks!
Hello, I was thinking about 3D school but I do not know if it would be suitable for me or not. I'm 25 out in NY with a BFA in Fine Arts. I left college extremely unhappy because they required ...
last post on January 09, 2011 - by S. Silard
Animation Jobs
Hi all Find animation and vfx job in India,uk and more to know more details on the recruitment ...
last post on January 07, 2011 - by 3darthub
need direction on using desktop background image to fill 3d
Hello, new to the forum and 3d creation in general but was hoping for some insight or direction on something. I'll try not to make this too long but here's my question. I have the cyberbuddy msagent ...
last post on January 07, 2011 - by kabx42
Software that can turn 2d images (photos) into 3d images
Is there a program that can take a photograph of a building and convert it into a 3d image that can be animated for a virtual walk ...
last post on January 06, 2011 - by S. Silard
Cinema 4D problems General CG Talk Cinema 4D problems
Hello Everyone, I am very new to 3D and recently I was following a tutorial of making a typo using c4d. I can't figure out how make the picture from weird looking to normal. I don't know all the ...
last post on December 31, 2010 - by psychoarka