3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Best software for a newb

Posted: April 19, 2011
2stroketuning
I am thinking about buying an animation product but I'm not sure what to get. Basically I am a newb and want to make some simple cartoons and little unique animations for my websites. Someone told me about Toon Boom but I don't know if it's too complicated and professionally orientated for a newb to use or what.

I tried Adobe CS5 for 30 days and it seemed really complicated, basically I would need to go to school to learn how to use it. I want something easy to make a little motorcycle whiz across the screen or something like that so I can have my own unique stuff for my websites and not "steal" someone elses work.

Thanks for any input.
Posted: April 20, 2011
baalnazzar
I don't know how it is with Toon Boom, but AE basics are really simple. After 1 day when someone showed me basics I was able to make simple character animation. Animations such as your example are very, vvery easy to make. If you know someone who use AE then he or she could teach you basics. You may look after some tutorials too. There is lot of them.
Posted: April 21, 2011
2stroketuning
Thanks for the reply, I do make websites so I suppose I should be looking at learning something like flash, but my sites are more geared for SEO than the visual wow factor. You right there is a lot of information, vids, tutorials etc.
Posted: May 01, 2011
Trax
Toon Boom is pretty fun to mess around with Adobe Flash is something probably easier to manage and use though, imo.
Posted: October 17, 2011
AlexSmitt3d
If you need a small graph, it may be easier to order a freelancer?
Posted: October 25, 2011
georgpaul49
Its better to google some animations.
the time you need to make it its faster then learn software1
HAVE FUN!