3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Anyone familiar with Sketchup?

Posted: September 09, 2011
Buffalo Chip
Hi All -

I am a complete n3wb when it comes to 3D modeling, and I downloaded Google Sketchup yesterday because I'll be designing and building a bar and I wanted to 3D model it before buying all the materials and what not. My plan has worked out really well and I have the bar design mostly completed.

I thought it would be fun to put some patrons and farm animals at my virtual bar, and went online and downloaded a few free .3DS human models to put around it.

My problem is that when I import the 3DS file into my model, what I wind up with is just a wire mesh outline of a person.

I've searched all sorts of different ways on google, tried choosing the "Merge coplanar faces" option in the import settings, as well as a few other things. The texture files are jpgs and all in the same directory as the .3DS file is.

Does anyone have any ideas? Remember, I'm completely new at this so it may be something simple.

I can't post an address to example model because the site's antispam software on here won't let me get away with that. If someone PM's me, I can send it to you that way.

Thanks for any help.
Posted: October 25, 2011
georgpaul49
Hi
the Modells in 3d skechup are free and good.
But figures have no bones to animate it.
You must look other Software like Poser8 iclone4 or carrara8 Dazstudio..........and so on!