3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Blender3D, 3DS, Maya, ZBrush

Posted: April 08, 2011
Energetic Pixels
I currently work for a international company. There are a small group of us within the company who do 3D image and animation development. But my problem is that each location uses a different IDE to develop with. The main IDEs being Blender, Max and Maya. I have been put in charge of making some type of organization out of the chaos that has developed over the years. I have research and come down to a common 'output' format that can be shared between the developers and their IDEs. Does this forum have a preference between FBXs and OBJs (that allows models/textures/maps to be shared between the different IDEs, more easily)??

ZBrush (from the subject line) is in there due to we have Graphic Artists that we employ to do some of our texturing and UV maps. That idea is that it relieves the developer to work on other models while texturing and color maps are being developed.

All this mess will end up being a collada file for some Flash developer to import through papervision3D to a Instructional Design project.

Tony