3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Master of the Wind: Kindred Spirits Animation

Posted: April 07, 2011
TheRPGPlayer
This is my first ever animated short, "Master of the Wind: Kindred Spirits"
It is based off the indie-RPG series called "Master of the Wind," which stars the two main protagonists Çade Mistral and Bones. A human and a skeleton who take on a sort of "super-hero" lifestyle where they get into costume using the names Shroud and Stoic. This particular animation is based on the comic that tells the story of how Shroud and Stoic first met each other.

[Things to note when watching]
1. I have been using Cinema 4D for about nine years, yet I have never taken any classes or received any help in learning the software. Everything was self-taught, so don't expect this video to be a masterpiece or anything.
2. One of the things I am weakest at is rigging, which is very well shown in the video when you see clothing get through the armor and when it is obvious that the animation gets held back at times.
3. The sword sound-bits have had an error while exporting the video. I don't know why it happened, but the sound bits will occasionally go off-synch or go far too long than they should.

I was going to post a link to the video, but apparently I am not allowed to do so on these forums (not sure why...) so to find the video, go to youtube and search "Master of the Wind: Kindred Spirits." It'll be the very first video.

Thanks!