3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

I'm getting a new processor/motherboard ...

Posted: May 10, 2011
jaguary
And I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on what I should get. I am below the technical poverty line, having just dropped out of full-time college, and going part time and working, so I don't want it to be that expensive, I like to save my money, if I can, but at the same time, I want to get something that will work well for a long time; something that will give me a great experience in my adventure in 3D modeling.

I want to use 3DSMax, and especially Vue, maybe Bryce, and also definitely some architecture programs .

Is it plausible to get a processor/motherboard combo for less than $100 right now, that will suit me? I mean, I want to take this 3D modeling thing seriously. I want to take everything I do in life seriously, and I see 3D modeling as an integral part of my future.

I found that AMD processors, while they're not really top-of-the line compared to Intel, deliver better quality for the price, so I definitely have the intention of buying an AMD.

I have absolutely no knowledge of motherboards.

Help me out Very Happy

Any suggestions?

<3
Posted: May 12, 2011
Trax
To be honest for 100 dollars, No.

You are going to have to spend a little more, meaning a LOT more. I would say a minimum of 1000 max 1500 for handling what you want to do for 3D. In my opinion.
Posted: August 25, 2011
j3dj3d
A good cheap motherboard and a bargain processor for a starter would be:

Asus M4N68T-M LE V2

This motherboard allows the usage of an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Hexa Core CPU which is a mid-range good bang for buck 6-core CPU which is great for rendering.

Add in 4Gb of RAM 8Gb if you can afford it.
Perhaps get a Geforce card as well.