3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

create Blueprints

Posted: April 19, 2011
S3dr1ck
Hi all,

I'm not really into 3D modeling and such but when I played around with 3DStudio some years ago I tried a few modeling tutorials where I used blueprints in my viewports to create 3D models. I remember that good blueprints were pretty hard to find on google.

Now I writing a GUI Application with the Qt Framework that does Image processing using the open computer vision libraries.

I'm just playing around with it and implemented the so called "canny edge detection" algorithm which does a decent job on detecting edges on any kind of image source.

The Application I wrote is just for fun and right now it displays live video capture from webcam in one window and in a second window it displays a reduces video where only the edges of objects are visible.

You could say it creates blueprints of a live video stream which looks pretty cool but is pretty useless too:P

So I'm wondering if anybody would have any use of a GUI Application that creates blueprints for 3D modeling.

It would be easy to change the application for this job and give some more options for image sources to create blueprints from.

It would be even possible to let this application detect correct orientation of real objects that you want to make blueprints from using a cam.

All I want to know is if such a Tool could be useful for anyone in your opinion because I'm not really up to date in things 3D modeling and such. Otherwise I think I would go on with another project because it was a waste of time=)

Thanks for any answers in advance:P