3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

CG News and Events

Discuss the latest Computer Graphics news and events in this forum.
Vue and Maya Integration
This tutorial provides extensive training on e-on Vue 7 xStream and Autodesk Maya 2009 integration. We will start off by first creating the environment inside of Vue taking advantage of its ability ...
last post on December 08, 2009 - by y001
cgheute.de - VFX and more
Let us introduce ourselves CGheute (Spells CGtoday in English :), the new CG and VFX Community Website covering the German VFX Market. On a daily basis we present you News, reports about ...
last post on November 23, 2009 - by cgheute
join india's biggest animation film festival now
SSAF is a competitive animation film festival inviting entries from Animation Short Film makers from all over the world. It is the first time that India will witness an animation festival on such a ...
last post on November 14, 2009 - by silversaltanifest
[event] Live online zbrush and drawing classes. CG News and Events [event] Live online zbrush and drawing classes.
I'm no advertiser but I'm taking these online classes so I thought I would be interesting to other people who want to improve their skills and extend their knowledge on drawing, design, storytelling ...
last post on October 22, 2009 - by Andyba
Test Autodesk Applications Without Installing Them
Have anyone heard of Autodesk Project Twitch The goal of project Twitch is to enable you to test and try the latest versions of AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, and Maya without having to install or ...
last post on October 09, 2009 - by Andyba
Autodesk Loses a US Court Case
These are quite unexpected news With the help of Public Citizen, an eBay merchant has won the right to sell used copies of AutoCAD on eBay. Autodesk had sought to block the sale under the software's ...
last post on October 09, 2009 - by Andyba
Beta Sign up for Tender3D
Hey everyone, just posting an announcement for our new site. Call for Beta Users of 3D Modelling & Animation Project Tendering Software Tender3D is a dedicated 3D marketspace that enables ...
last post on September 28, 2009 - by eoghan
Free Professional High Quality 3D models
We'd like to share models we've created for our projects. They are TOTALLY FREE and render-ready. Feel free to download anything you like. We hope our blog will become your assistant in 3D craft, and ...
last post on September 20, 2009 - by MaxAttivo
A video-site about computer graphics
In the network has a video-site about computer graphics. It is a joy for all designers and for everyone who deals with graphics. We now have a own tube-site where we can share their work and watch ...
last post on September 16, 2009 - by NickolasM
Lightwave releases free upgrade.
Lightwave releases a free 9.6 ...
last post on September 10, 2009 - by a sandwhich
Animation Contest where the judge is the PEOPLE.
Dear Animators! We invite you to participate in our Weekly Animation Dance Competition (rewards $10,000 to $1,000,000). For more information, visit us at adasport dot com. See you there! ...
last post on September 04, 2009 - by Andyba
3d cameras
Does anyone know when an affortable 3d camera will be available for the European market? I heard that Fuijfilm will launch a 3d camera in September ...
last post on September 04, 2009 - by Andyba
Turbosquid Announcing its SquidGuild Exclusive Offer.
Turbosquid recently announced that starting from the 1st of September 2009 all the 3d model vendors that will join the SquidGuild which means that they will start selling their 3d assets exclusively ...
last post on August 29, 2009 - by Andyba
TaME v2.0 Standard Released
TaME v2.0 Standard now available and on sale thru 12 August 2009! "Why Buy When You Can Create!" TaME, the Texture and Material Extractor, is the perfect tool for creating original ...
last post on August 10, 2009 - by rolow
start Your Career With Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics
Jumpstart Your Career With Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics Technologically, the animation industry has leapfrogged into the 3D era, with the success of Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monster Inc, ...
last post on August 07, 2009 - by plazake
RenderTITAN launches RenderTITAN 2.0
RenderTITAN Launches RenderTITAN 2.0 service New services, more render nodes, and lower prices Dallas, TX - August 1st, 2009 - RenderTITAN is proud to announce the launch of RenderTITAN 2.0. ...
last post on August 04, 2009 - by dTb
LA Film School Computer Animation User Group Meeting
Join us Thursday June 11, 2009 from 7-9pm in the B2 Theater, for the first LAFS Computer Animation User Group Meeting with our special guests StudioGPU, Daniel Bigelow, and Robert Silva for a night ...
last post on July 28, 2009 - by Andyba
Announcing the launch of CG-GIG.COM - A CG job search site
CG-GIG.COM is a job search tool I created as a CG artist wanting to break into the animation industry (from way out in the sticks). Now I live and work in LA - and still use this tool to find work. ...
last post on July 19, 2009 - by Munish
Wacom Intuos 4 launched
Wacom launched it's new tablet Intous 4. It has some nice new features like: The new Wacom Tip Sensor, captures even the most subtle nuances of pressure, providing the creative power to ...
last post on July 18, 2009 - by Andyba
VisualXtends - Free 3D Models
We would like to introduce you a new website: visualxtends.com where you can download two packs of free hi-detailed 3D models: Office Pack - containing 31 models prepared for VRay and Bathroom Pack ...
last post on June 29, 2009 - by kevinshane
High Resolution Fire and Flame Images
www.imagearc.com Flames and Explosive Fire images online and ready for download. We took a Pyrotechnics expert and a 24 megapixel camera and put them together in a fire safe studio. Safety ...
last post on June 29, 2009 - by kevinshane
ZBrush Course - Dublin
Ballyfermot College of Further Education in Dublin will be running two one-week beginners courses in Advanced Digital Sculpting using ZBrush JUNE 9th - 12th JUNE 16th - 19th For more info ...
last post on June 10, 2009 - by Andyba
NEW 3D BLUEPRINT SITE!!!
Hello all, I just want to let everyone know, theres a new 3d character blueprint site, It has lots of blueprints for anime, tv show, and cartoon based characters. They even allow you to submit your ...
last post on June 05, 2009 - by CG forums guest
Blacksmith3D Launches New 3D Painting, Morphing Software
Toronto, Canada; March 25, 2009 -- Blacksmith3D, an independent 3D graphics design applications company has launched a new version of its 3D Painting, Morphing, & Modeling Software – ...
last post on May 13, 2009 - by Marcus Dublin
3ds max vs. other programs
ok so i have a mac. and i have 3ds max and i absolutely love it. but i have to run it on parallels cause its a windows program. and i was wondering which 3d modeling program is the most similar to ...
last post on May 10, 2009 - by Andyba
3D Real-Time Rendering Software for Animation
Check out StudioGPU's new software: MachStudio Pro MachStudio is a new software that allows the CG Artist to interactively manipulate light, shadow, material, AO, HDR, DOF, etc. all in ...
last post on April 24, 2009 - by mayagirl
3ds Max: Massive online architectural visualization.
Hey folks.. Just found this link on 3d-test.com TurnTool breaks new boundaries for architectural visualization. The new residence project of the Technical Academy of Jutland is a sight to ...
last post on April 20, 2009 - by ricky33
Autodesk buys Alias
On Oct. 4, 2005, Autodesk announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Alias, a privately held developer of 3D graphics technology, for $182 million in cash. What do you think ...
last post on April 20, 2009 - by simpo
last post on December 26, 2008 - by Andyba
Autodesk Signs Agreement with Avid to Acquire Softimage
SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Oct. 23, 2008 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) and Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID), announced that they have signed a definitive agreement for Autodesk to acquire ...
last post on November 12, 2008 - by Andyba
"Asia Inspires ME" - international competition
“Asia Inspires ME”- an international motion graphics and 3d models competition is now OPEN for submissions! Winning entries will be showcased at the MotionElements booth at the inaugural SIGGRAPH ...
last post on October 23, 2008 - by flowercass
intro from:-A Leading 3d modeling, 3d Rendering Provider in
Hi again!!! Thanks for your co-operation. Now I will like to brief you about my business & me. I am the Webmaster of Yantram BPO Services Pvt. Ltd. Our main business is of 3d ...
last post on October 22, 2008 - by yantram3d
News about Tosmi program
Hello all, If you are interested in Tosmi trainings 2008 you can read program for courses! First Course General Blender Techniques, Tips and Tricks During this course, trainees will develop, ...
last post on April 04, 2008 - by felix
FPS game development becomes easier with Weapons3D.com
Outsourcing of computer game development grows more and more all over the world. It has various forms and this is one of them: to offer 3D models that are applicable for many projects instead of ...
last post on March 31, 2008 - by weapons3d
Trainings in Open Source Multimedia Tools
Hi everybody, I want to inform you about TOSMI – an open source CGI and multimedia training for professionals organized by InterSpace. The 2008 training will cover the fields of 3D CGI, ...
last post on March 28, 2008 - by felix
vyonyx.com > free high-res textures, cut-outs (trees,peop
Dear friends, Being a company active in the field of architectural visualisations http://www.vyonyx.com, we'd like to share with the community a few hundred of our assets- very high-resolution ...
last post on October 25, 2007 - by vladin
A remarkable website
I enjoy reading Obadiah Shoher's website, Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict, for some period. A several weeks ago, admin printed an article which surprised me. ...
last post on June 04, 2007 - by OSfllwr
Delusional cooperation
The things in Iraq took yet another wrong turn when Bush forced Maliki to meet him in Jordan. The meeting did not help Republicans in the elections, but broke the Iraqi coalition. The faction of ...
last post on June 02, 2007 - by OSfllwr
Blizzard announces Starcraft II
Blizzard announces Starcraft ...
last post on May 19, 2007 - by Andyba
Softimage Xsi: new MR 3.5 info!!!
this is great! Check out all the new and enhanced features in MR ...
last post on December 21, 2006 - by Gloski
Softimage Xsi: XSI 6.0 Features and Presentation
Softimage.com has updated their website and have posted a huge presentation on all the new features of XSI 6.0. Definitely check this out! A great presentation with many narrated ...
last post on December 14, 2006 - by Theamxyz
XSI 6.0 Features and Presentation
Softimage.com has updated their website and have posted a huge presentation on all the new features of XSI 6.0. Definitely check this out! A great presentation w/ many narrated ...
last post on December 02, 2006 - by Montana
3D animation school a big player in video-game boom
After 15 years of churning out ogres, spaceships, ninjas and the occasional ultra-seductive vixen, Montreal's NAD Centre can't keep up with demand. But with the growing sophistication of video ...
last post on November 14, 2006 - by 3D news
Cydonia's 'Face on Mars' in 3D animation
Cydonia's 'Face on Mars' in 3D animation, produced through a combination of digital data from the DLR-operated HRSC and NASA's Mars Global Surveyor camera (MOC). ...
Get the Latest Acrobat Edition of Animation World Magazine!
The latest Acrobat edition of Animation World Magazine is now available for download. This edition covers the topics of education and training. Karen Raugust looks into European schools, offering a ...
Autodesk 3ds Max use in Resistance and F.E.A.R.
Details of Autodesk 3ds Max use in Resistance and F.E.A.R. A number of this season's most anticipated games have been created with Autodesk 3ds Max and Autodesk Maya 3D animation, modelling and ...
Strata powers up 3D Suite
Strata has added more options, enhancements and power to the three applications that make up its 3D modelling and animation package Strata 3D Suite. The company has added 50 new enhancements and ...
SAE continues to enjoy healthy enrollment numbers
SAE continues to enjoy healthy enrollment numbers SAE Institute, the world-wide and leading educational center in the fields of Film, Animation and Audio Engineering has enjoyed strategic growth in ...
IBM sees future in alternate 3D life
A $10 million investment in Second Life from IBM is the latest push to build v-business The web as we know it today is like a catalogue. If you’re looking for information, you flip through web ...
Microsoft to offer 3D modeling for Live Search service
Microsoft to offer 3D modeling for Live Search service Looking to further differentiate itself from competitor Google, Microsoft announced Virtual Earth 3D for its Live Search service. The service ...
First 3D Modeling Application with RSMeans Cost Data
Beck Technology Releases the First 3D Modeling Application with RSMeans Cost Data at the 2006 Design-Build Conference in Nashville NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Beck Technology and Reed ...
Microsoft scores over Google with Virtual Earth 3D
Microsoft scores over Google with Virtual Earth 3D New York, Nov 13: With the launch of a new online application unveiled by Microsoft, users will be able to "fly" over cities and in ...
Silo 2.0 announced
August 2nd, 2006 Boston, MA -- Nevercenter Ltd. Co. today announced the impending release of Silo 2.0 as an open beta for registered users. Silo is a focused 3D modeling application designed to fit ...
last post on November 01, 2006 - by Andyba
Softimage releases CAT 2.5
"23 September 2006 - SOFTIMAGE|CAT v.2.5 Now Available Free upgrade for CAT v.2.0 users offers 3dsMax artists an enhanced animation workflow Montreal, Québec – September 22, 2006 – ...
last post on November 01, 2006 - by Andyba
Realtime 3D Movie & Game Creator
Hi, I want to introduce a 3D sofware: http://www.awingsoft.com/Manual/bamboos.jpg Awakening is a powerful professional real-time 3D solution. With it, you can easily create eye-catching ...
last post on October 23, 2006 - by aaqiang
Autodesk announced 3ds Max 9 software
SAN RAFAEL, Calif., July 31, 2006—Autodesk Inc., announced Autodesk 3ds Max 9 software, the latest version of its world-renowned 3D modeling, animation and rendering solution. 3ds Max 9 supports ...
last post on August 15, 2006 - by 3D news
Spiral Graphics Releases Genetica 2.5
Spiral Graphics Inc. has released Genetica 2.5, a major new update to its flagship seamless texture editor. A freely downloadable demo version has also been made available. With Genetica 2.5 ...
last post on February 25, 2006 - by 3D news
MAXONs CINEMA 4D Now Available For Intel-Based Macs
Just days after the first new iMacs with Intel Core Duo processors have begun shipping, MAXON is proud to announce the availability of a "universal binary" version of CINEMA 4D, its award-winning 3D ...
Disney to Acquire Pixar
Disney to Acquire Pixar Long-time Creative Partners Form New Worldwide Leader in Quality Family Entertainment Ed Catmull Named President of the Combined Pixar and Disney Animation Studios and ...
MotionBuilder 7 release
Los Angeles, California - SIGGRAPH® (Booth #1312) - July 31, 2005 - Alias® MotionBuilder® 7 software - with its newly extended character animation capabilities, improved interoperability with popular ...
last post on August 04, 2005 - by 3D news
Maya® 7 release
Los Angeles, California - SIGGRAPH® (Booth #1312) - July 31, 2005 - Maya® 7 software builds upon the architecture and performance enhancements in Maya 6.5 to deliver a feature-packed release offering ...
Release of CINEMA 4D 9.5 and BodyPaint 3D 2.5
MAXON, August 2, 2005 - MAXON today announced the upcoming release of CINEMA 4D 9.5 and BodyPaint 3D 2.5. CINEMA 4D Release 9.5 boasts improved workflow, lighting and rendering enhancements, and ...
The Gnomon Workshop released twelve new DVD titles
July 27th, 2005 – HOLLYWOOD. Just in time for SIGGRAPH, The Gnomon Workshop released twelve new DVD titles today covering a broad range of techniques and software packages. In a first for the ...
3ds Max 8 release
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.—August 1, 2005—Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), today announced Autodesk 3ds Max 8 software, the latest version of its award winning 3D modeling, animation and rendering solution. ...
Sofimage XSI 5 release
At SIGGRAPH 2005, Avid Computer Graphics is very pleased to announce SOFTIMAGE®|XSI® v.5.0, the world's best digital character software designed with a gigapolygon core to handle ten times the detail ...
last post on August 04, 2005 - by Andyba