3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3ds Max: problems with path constraint controller

Posted: July 11, 2007
dfk
I am trying to create an object moving along a path using the path constraint controller as position controller. Now I want to adjust the speed of the object individually but it always refers to the distance between the vertices on the path. using the constant speed option doesn`t work because this deactivates any curve adjustments made in track view.

this one bothered me so many times, I hope someone with a really good solution is reading this right now Wink thx !
Posted: July 12, 2007
Max3D
I don't really understand what do you want, but maybe aplying a normalize spline(normalizes the distance between spline vertices) modifier to the spline will work
Posted: July 13, 2007
broodling
I'm a little confused also. Do you want to adjust the speed of the object in-between the first and last vertices?

For eg. a ball moving on a path that speeds up and slows down like 5 times in the length of the spline.
Posted: July 16, 2007
dfk
what I want to do is creating some percent keys for the object on the path and then adjusting these keys to make the object speed up and slow down, just as I want it to

hope that explanation works better =)

the normalize spline modifier solves the problem... but not 100% because it changes the form of the spline.
Posted: July 17, 2007
Hulk
i'm maybe mistaken, but what about adding some keys and animate the way you want between them?

hope i didn't say craps
Posted: November 02, 2009
Ramesh
Hi i want to animate a pen along a path e.g. writing 'A' . I use dummy object and link my pencil to it. When my pencil reaches the lower end of the first line I want it to move to the center line of A but due to the path constraint in the first line of A I get improper results.. Hope I've explained it... Kindly help....
Posted: September 30, 2010
naresh
i want to deconstraint my object from the constraint body after my animation is completed. then i want my individual animation to the object.

for example : A character throws a Knife ,

Here Knife is Constraint to the hand of the character

and when he throws the constraint must be removed.
Posted: January 17, 2011
dTb
Naresh, I don't know what software are you talking about here, but you should be able to animate the constraint weight.
Posted: March 04, 2011
holipop
I think you can go to the time you want to set the key, turn on autokey and then scoll the percentage along path number until the object is where you want it for that frame. You should then be able to edit the curves of these keys in the curve editor.