3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3d Modeling Fight - time limit 25 minutes

Posted: June 11, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
I would like to announce the first 3d modeling fight in our 3d fight club! Smile
The rule is simple
You can download any of the submitted 3d models, import it into your 3d modeling software and work on it for 25 minutes. Then export it to an .OBJ format. Attach the 3d model with it's screen-shots to your post.
Please use the .ZIP to pack the 3d model. The screens should be with and without wires.

! Don't add too many polygons by subdividing the model..
! Do not triangulate the 3d model. Try to create a quad only topology for easy edge loop selection.

3d_modeling_fight_20090611.gif
Filename: 3d_modeling_fight_andyba.zip Filesize: 552 Bytes Downloaded: 371
Description: The 3d model itself.
Download

Posted: June 12, 2009
Gloski
Wow this is a great game! I'm in Smile
Will post something in 10 minutes Very Happy
3d artist gallery Andyba
Welcome back Gloski, haven't seen you around for a long time.
Glad you like the 3d modeling fight game. Smile
Gloski
Here is the result of my 10 minutes modeling in wings 3d Smile
Is it me or 10 minutes is not much time for 3d modeling? Rolling Eyes

3d_modeling_fight_20090612.png
Filename: 3d_modeling_fight_Gloski_20090612.zip Filesize: 3.14 KB Downloaded: 359
Description: The 3d model
Download

3d artist gallery Tanyutka
))

11.jpg
Filename: 3d_modeling_fight.rar Filesize: 18.73 KB Downloaded: 366
Description:
Download

3d artist gallery Andyba
Wow!!! Nice start!
Welcome back Tanyutka! Smile
3d artist gallery Andyba
Here is my entry Smile
10 minutes is indeed not much...

3d_modeling_fight_andyba_2.gif
Filename: 3d_modeling_fight_andyba_20090612.zip Filesize: 35.67 KB Downloaded: 366
Description: The 3d model
Download

StBambuka
Guys, it's a good idea, I like it, but I think some rules are needed, because, for example, i've downloaded the last version of model, and realized that i need only 10 minutes just for cleaning topology of model especially return it to "symmetry" mode. It`s boring for me to clean geometry after someone. Maybe we can contrive ways of handling the situation?
3d artist gallery Andyba
StBambuka wrote:
Guys, it's a good idea, I like it, but I think some rules are needed, because, for example, i've downloaded the last version of model, and realized that i need only 10 minutes just for cleaning topology of model especially return it to "symmetry" mode.

Yes we will have to invent some rules with time. Do you have any specific ideas?
I thought of another rule instead of time limit the will be a polygon limit that the user can add. But we will try it in the next 3d fight. Smile
The current 3d modeling fight is fun because it is quite a challenge to model something in 10 minutes Smile Even cleaning the topology is a big deal with such a time limit. BTW you can delete the parts that you don't like and create from scratch if it will be more pleasant for you. Smile It is not necessary to stick to my idea of the character...
StBambuka
Here is, returned it to symmetry - its a goog way to design it. Unsymmetry can be bringed later, after the shape of model is defined Wink

1.jpg
Filename: 3d_modeling_fight_StBambuka_20090613.zip Filesize: 8.17 KB Downloaded: 347
Description:
Download

Posted: June 13, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Wow great! I just hope you didn't export the smoothed version Smile
Posted: December 09, 2009
CG forums guest
i tweaked the mouth, and redid the nose, and the conehead, starting to look like an elf

new.png
Filename: face2.zip Filesize: 15.46 KB Downloaded: 280
Description:
Download

Posted: January 12, 2010
Hazelnice
Well, 3d modeling fight is fun because it is quite a challenge to model something in 10 minutes.
Posted: January 29, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
Yeah it's too challenging imho. I was probably thinking about drawing speed or sculpting in Zbrush and Mudbox when I created the topic Very Happy
Anyway I will create another 3d modeling fight with better rules. Smile
This one will remain for super fast modelers.
Posted: February 24, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
I have changed this fight limit from 10 to 25 minutes.
I have also changed the rule of using only the last uploaded 3d model, you can use any of the uploaded 3d models even the initial cube.
Even more you can use a combination of previously uploaded 3d models to make something cool.

Please don't triangulate the 3d models before uploading or while exporting.
Please include a wireframe screen shot.
You can also include a time-lapse youtube video showing how you did the modeling, this will be very interesting and helpful for many people.
Posted: February 22, 2012
3d artist gallery Virtualsetworks
25 minutes download to upload
lightwave, 1 subdivide

robot.jpg robotwithwires.jpg
Filename: robot.zip Filesize: 25.92 KB Downloaded: 97
Description:
Download

Posted: June 21, 2012
3d artist gallery Andyba
Virtualsetworks, that looks cool!
Lets keep the fight hot! Smile