Just wanting to know what's your guys thing about google sketchup and the
products you can produce with this software

thanks Shocked
Posted: April 24, 2012
baalnazzar
I've never tried that but what I've heard is it's quite good soft Smile
Posted: April 25, 2012
speciesoo1
Cool , I have been using it for a while . In fact its what got me interested in 3d modelling, and was just wondering how it stands in the industry if its used in other fields rather than just architectural uses and so forth.

Ill post some of my W.I.P's in on the forum soon Smile
thanks for the reply
Posted: April 25, 2012
speciesoo1
as i promised here is the link to some of what i have done with sketchup

http://www.3dmd.net/forum/3d-discussion-8578.html#14913
Posted: May 08, 2012
tech2xp
I prefer to use real software like Cinema 4D & DPIT EFFEX. I have tutorials and downloads here "Grafx Exchange Portal", just Google it. Membership is free ....... always and so are the downloads. Create a membership , you'll automatically be granted login, the click "DPIT EFFEX" in the orange nav menu
Posted: May 15, 2012
3d artist gallery Andyba
Sketchup is great for fast prototyping architecture and mechanical 3d models.
I didn't use the pro version, only the free one, and I couldn't find a way to manipulate vertices.
You can only manipulate curves in the free version - so the software is quite limited - not possible to create complex organic shapes in it.
Posted: May 22, 2012
3d artist gallery sarkarshomit
I believe SketchUp Pro with all appropriate plugins is a very strong tool and can be used to develop complex geometries as well.
Posted: June 19, 2012
3d artist gallery Andyba
sarkarshomit wrote:
I believe SketchUp Pro with all appropriate plugins is a very strong tool and can be used to develop complex geometries as well.

Does it have vertex tweaking capabilities?
Posted: June 27, 2012
djcox
As a visual development artist -- I love it. I use it for storyboards, setting up perspective -- everything. In fact, I think I'd struggle without it nowadays.
Posted: November 29, 2012
MSketcher
sarkarshomit wrote:

Sketchup is a very powerful tool, and it's very easy to learn. For those of you looking to do organic modeling, the most popular plugin to do that is "Artisan" for Sketchup. I'll admit, trying to do organic modeling without a plugin is nearly impossible.