3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

U.N.C Junker

Posted: April 25, 2012
speciesoo1
Just some of my early work in Sketch up , as im still a total noob to 3d modelling only been at it for about 8 months on and off. So if you guys could give you opinions and so forth.
Ps i know some of it is rendered but the rendering is also a W.I.P Smile

thanks

fhhfjfjfgjgfj.jpg dfgdfgdfgdf.jpg fghdfghdfhdfh.jpg
Posted: April 26, 2012
baalnazzar
Nice toy shuttle Smile If it is just the beginning then it is good beginning.
Posted: April 26, 2012
speciesoo1
yeah, that is from when i first started , not really sure what do do with all the 3d stuff i make , or even where to go, i have had no formal training or studying , so im going to look into that and hopefully try make a career out of it.
Posted: April 27, 2012
speciesoo1
baalnazzar wrote:
Nice toy shuttle Smile If it is just the beginning then it is good beginning.

Forgot to ask what you meant by the use of the word toy ? lol
Posted: May 01, 2012
3d artist gallery Andyba
speciesoo1 wrote:
Forgot to ask what you meant by the use of the word toy ? lol

He probably meant that without textures and small details it looks like a toy and not a real, big shuttle.
Posted: May 02, 2012
speciesoo1
Thats cool thanks for clearing that up Smile
Posted: May 09, 2012
Triple F
Know the feeling about being a total Noob. But I'm starting to realise that textures hide a multitude of sins.

Looks good though.
Posted: June 07, 2012
speciesoo1
Triple F wrote:
Know the feeling about being a total Noob. But I'm starting to realise that textures hide a multitude of sins.

Looks good though.

could you give some examples lol , I have no idea about texturing or rendering yet =/
Posted: June 18, 2012
speciesoo1
Right so i have done some work to it and this is what i have ended up with Smile, think im going to put this on the self for a while so i can get cracked on with somthing new.

new 4.jpg new 5.jpg new 1.jpg
Posted: June 19, 2012
3d artist gallery Andyba
It looks nicer now. You can add some bump mapping and even smaller details on the textures to make it even more realistic.
Posted: June 20, 2012
speciesoo1
@Andyba thanks for the great reply , i just have one question i know absolutely nothing about bump mapping. Do you know of any good tuts or sites that can help me out Smile
Posted: June 20, 2012
3d artist gallery Andyba
Here is an introduction to Bump Mapping
Posted: June 25, 2012
speciesoo1
thank you so much , ill get right on it :d
Posted: June 30, 2012
speciesoo1
Okay so this is how far i have gotten with this ship , i think im defiantly going to shelf this one for a while.
Till i learn more about texturing and lighting , i think that maybe i would have gotten I much better result if i was using maya or 3ds max rather than sketchup.

final render 3.jpg final render 2.jpg FINAL render 1.jpg
Posted: October 02, 2012
AdelScott
This work is the best. You're making rapid progress Smile
Posted: October 04, 2012
Oz
this is great, amazing, maybe some more detailed textures will look good on this, put more light, we want to see the details