3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Newbie Looking To Get Into 3D Modelling

Posted: April 14, 2012
samee.woods
Hello I am considering learning to 3d models for short films/games.

I was wondering what would be the best to learn for films but mostly game systems (Unity 3d, Java games (Like minecraft) etc.

I am also looking for one which is simpler than others. Free would be a massive bonus aswell Smile

The only 2 I have ever heard of is Blender3D and MAYA.

Thanks in advance!
samee.woods
how long does it take for people to reply on this forum
baalnazzar
Blender, Maya, 3dsmax, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, XSI. If you looking for something free then you're looking for Blender. There is no other free soft of this sort.
samee.woods
Thankyou baalnazzar! grrrrr waddya mean message is too short!
Alez*Skid
hi , i am a newbie , and i want to know , if you can give me some link`s where i can find some free tutorials for 3d studio max , maya , uniti 3d . thanx alll who will answer me Smile .
Sry for mi english but i am from romania , and i don`t know so good english.
Draghici Alex
HI, Alez*skid , i am from romania to , and i searching for tutorials to , if you find some , tell me .
Posted: April 16, 2012
baalnazzar
3ds and maya are so popular that it isn't hard to find some free tutorials. Here are some examples below:

http://www.tutorialized.com/
http://www.creativecrash.com/
Posted: April 17, 2012
3d artist gallery mierhao
the key is to spend time on it. time will help you become a good modeler
Posted: April 17, 2012
aycock24
Hello i'm an newbie! i was wondering on how can i find an great 3D animation program that i can purchase. i'm really trying to pursue 3D animation. can anybody help me out?
Please an Thanks!
Posted: April 18, 2012
baalnazzar
You can do animations in any popular soft. C4D, 3dsmax, Maya. Eventually you may need some additional soft like Messiah Studio etc.
Posted: April 20, 2012
TurboRudi
samee.woods

I recommend learning polymodeling. Polymodeling will give u the fundamentals of modeling. It will learn u how to achieve the best results with (the next thing u should learn after polymodeling) subdevision modeling. Knowing how your topology affects shading is the biggest thing you will have to master to succeed. Also, u want to work with games which use low poly models. Polymodeling is great for this. And for your films you need high poly models but this isn't a problem because if u have learned how to topologise your models with polymodeling you can very easily turn those low poly models into high poly models using subdevision modeling. Whilst blender is pherhaps the best you are going to get for free, I recommend getting your hands on 3ds max. With it's advanced dynamic systems and partnership with Nvidia's physix you will be able to create more ellaborate animations in less time.

Hope this helps. Strongs on your 3d modeling journey. Mine is still going after 6 years and I'm learning every day
Posted: May 10, 2012
Trax
aycock24 wrote:
Hello i'm an newbie! i was wondering on how can i find an great 3D animation program that i can purchase. i'm really trying to pursue 3D animation. can anybody help me out?
Please an Thanks!

1. Richard Williams (Animators Survival Kit)
2. Draw, Draw, Draw
3. Learn the software. Doesn't matter which you really learn as they are only tools.
4. Practice, Practice, Practice
gamerjeff
i have 15 years in industry and can teach u every step of the way,i charge but this is the best way to learn everything.if interested send me a email to gamesjeff(at)hotmail(dot)com so we can get set up.

thank you,
jeff
Triple F
The best way, I’ve found, is pick a project and just start doing it. That way you become partially familiar with the software and will have specific questions that need answering.
Posted: May 15, 2012
kratos108
http://4f2d88-4z8ln2z76ua8eybqund.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=HOTSTUFF

i suggest you buy this product.. because it include the software and also it has video tutorial. and it is easy to use.
Posted: May 28, 2012
PedroMartin
I would recommend you to take a look at high resolution modeling software like zbrush or mudbox. I believe this will be the future of modeling so better start now Very Happy
Posted: August 26, 2012
leonlabyk
Yeah pedro martins advice is solid, Zbrush had become quite the modeling/sculpting package just add topogun for retopologizing and you will be well on your way...
Posted: August 27, 2012
zatun07
yupppp i got great help by this post
Posted: August 28, 2012
fingaz1
3dbuzz
digitaltutors
and
design3

are also some pretty good sites to go for tutorials and training