3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Workflow in animation

Posted: April 10, 2012
DanielVanegas
When animating, i have to animate the stage and the character at the same time or i import the cameras? when the stage is interacting with the charactacter which is the workflow?
Thanks!
Posted: July 05, 2012
taliatsur
Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but usually the workflow is to create a layout before animating. In the layout you block the camera composition and general movement of the character in the shot.
After that you create the animation blocking. If your character has to interact with objects you can block that in, but you don't have to create the constraints etc until you have final approved blocking.
I hope that helps...
Posted: August 31, 2012
RobinJennifer
Can you share some design with us so that it help in understanding the workflow quickly?
Posted: November 06, 2013
3d artist gallery Andyba
DanielVanegas, first you need a Storyboard, so that you know exactly what you have to animate. Second you need a low poly version of environment and the animated cameras to know where you characters will be located, and what part of the character will be visible. So that you don't spend time animating things that will not be visible in the final render. Then you block the animations as taliatsur wrote above.
Posted: November 18, 2013
Zulu
Andyba, "first you need a Storyboard"
What is a storyboad, and where do you take it from? I haven't seen any storyboards in 3DS max.