3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Modeling slow, new pc?

Posted: December 15, 2009
Birdie
Hi everbody.

I am right now working on a 3D Model and it has right now around 3200 patches. But I recently had quite much problems with it, since everytime i try rotate it or similiar, it lags/goes slow, so its nearly impossible doing further modeling with it. The software is Animation Master, but according to a forum, around 3000 patches should not be any problem at all. What can be wrong? My computer is not very old, using Windows Vista 32bit, amd 2.6 GHz, 2 GB RAM and Radeon X1650. Is it too old? If so, what type of graphic card/OS/CPU would you recomend for 3D modeling and animation?

Best Regards
Posted: January 17, 2010
AlteredTach
If you want a temporary boost in speed that will almost certainly be noticeable, buy 2 more Gigs of Ram. Unfortunatly, because you are using a 32 bit system, 4GB of ram is the most you can use without complication. Vista can at least recognize it, bt may not be able to use all of it. I know that XP was a permanant limitation and can only see between 3.0 and 3.5 GB of ram even if 4GB of ram are installed. Also make sure you don't have any malware on your computer. Seach the internet for a program called MalwareBytes. I cannot post a link but you should be able to find it. It is a free program and it is used by many IT professionals.
Posted: October 26, 2011
AlexSmitt3d
AlteredTach wrote:
If you want a temporary boost in speed that will almost certainly be noticeable, buy 2 more Gigs of Ram. Unfortunatly, because you are using a 32 bit system, 4GB of ram is the most you can use without complication. Vista can at least recognize it, bt may not be able to use all of it. I know that XP was a permanant limitation and can only see between 3.0 and 3.5 GB of ram even if 4GB of ram are installed. Also make sure you don't have any malware on your computer. Seach the internet for a program called MalwareBytes. I cannot post a link but you should be able to find it. It is a free program and it is used by many IT professionals.

I agree! We must first of all increase the amount of RAM. 8GB and Windows 7.