3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

coffee room

Posted: November 25, 2009
dugga
I'm new to this group of 3d fans. I use C4D v10, and I'm honored to have joined.
I've chosen to make for the first time a whole scene, coffee table + chairs and walls around to comlete the scene.
I've used PS CS3 Extesively creating the walls and the picture. To make this a verified 3d image I made 2 copies, altering the lights and the pic's postion.

Hope u like

Coffee_room24.jpg
Posted: March 12, 2010
Liman
nice looking futuristic design. It is great to hear that you used C4D to do it!
Posted: June 11, 2010
rmiquele
The reflection looks cool on the table.
Posted: July 02, 2010
TanadrineStudios
I don't care for it. The wall texture and the room in general does not convey a relaxed atmosphere at all and the chairs are awful. The table looks ok, but since its made of glass and very reflective (which I don't think it should be *that* reflective), the table suffers from the same issue as the walls.
Posted: August 26, 2010
bryan
Nice.
but I agree with Mr. TanadrineStudios.
He is right. The walls don't really look that good and the reflection on the table is also overdone. I think the most comfortable place to have coffee is to have it on a couch and not on chairs. I also think that you need to have more entertainment on the place. I don't think that two people having coffee would enjoy just speaking with the person though they would really enjoy the presence of the other. I think it would also be better if you have fun and be entertained with that person
very good if you can just add a little to the wall texture it would be fantastic
Posted: April 05, 2011
tommy3d
I like the table concept but it needs adjusting to fit the chairs, and yes work on the textures a bit. It’s a good start.
Posted: April 06, 2011
baalnazzar
Good start, but I agree that this picture needs more work. You should do something with chairs. For now your chairs reacts like black hole consuming even light. No reflections, no shadows, nothing. It rather looks like black vector shape for now.
Posted: April 24, 2011
PaulSutton
TanadrineStudios wrote:
I don't care for it. The wall texture and the room in general does not convey a relaxed atmosphere at all and the chairs are awful. The table looks ok, but since its made of glass and very reflective (which I don't think it should be *that* reflective), the table suffers from the same issue as the walls.

+1 from me to need a lot of work Its more like a hippy house with all those psychedelic colors. Would give me a migrain if i sat in there drinking coffie.

But in saying that it is your work and not mine. try adding a window.
Posted: April 27, 2011
3d artist gallery nbimage
I would have to agree with the fellowship on this one, but I do think It is a good base for something that could be very nice to look at indeed. I like the colors but feel the texture of the warp in the walls could be better mapped at a higher resolution. I think the grey on the floor are shadows? If they are, the lighting seems a bit off. I still rather like the flow of the furniture and the reflection is cool. I'd certainly like to see it further down the line. Try to render in a better program. If you can't afford nothing really great Kerkythea isn't the absolute worst but thats just my opinion.