80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
no
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Posted: December 31, 2008
3d artist gallery Andyba
As you know in blender 3d all the hotkeys a coded.
While many users would like to be able to customize their hotkeys in blender, there are many that are against this option.

Are you pro or against blender custom hotkeys?
Why?
Posted: February 28, 2009
3d artist gallery redho
I think that hotkey customization is a very good feature.
It is very unlikely that someone is against it.
Posted: April 20, 2009
ricky33
I am against customising.

Because, I think it will add more confusion.
Posted: August 06, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
ricky33 wrote:
I am against customising.

Because, I think it will add more confusion.

Can you be more specific who will be confused by the ability to customize the hot keys?
I was never confused by the ability to customize the 3ds max or softimage xsi hot keys. I often customized them so that I don't change my workflow or habits when I jump from one package to another.
Posted: December 20, 2009
Qwertos
Both the interface and the hot keys should be selected from the user interface designer(s) after usability research so that NO customization should be necessary.
Also, the interface should automatically decide its arrangement based on monitor resolution.

Now for rare cases such as Andyba's (above poster), customization should be possible with settings hidden deep inside the menus.
Posted: January 12, 2010
Hazelnice
For me hotkey customization is a good feature.
Posted: January 29, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
Qwertos, in real production world 3d artists use multiple 3d programs.

I usually use the same hotkeys for many operations in 3ds Max and Softimage. For a professional 3d artist that worked every day for several years with one package it is much easier to spend one hour to restructure all the hotkeys in the new 3d software so that they are identical to those he is used to, than to change his reflexes and then be confused when he switches from the new application to the old one and vice versa.
Posted: July 30, 2011
entropyExplorer
Hotkeys are like God's gift to human kind. If you don't use hotkeys you are new to the application. and making em custom is really needed