3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Ferrland

Posted: November 29, 2006
adolfo
am making an animated film. I have been working on for a long time. I had it on my mind much longer time ago, actually since 1994 when I wrote the first version of the scrip. It is called "FERRLAND".

I still have a long way to go, I know. But I will like to leave here a link to the web site where you could see some images. And some recent animated sequences.

I am starting to animate after having made a storyboard of 100 pages, recording the voices, making the animatics, modeling the characters, making the set up, blend shapes and so on.

After that I finally starting to animate, which is a key stage. Therefore I will like to share with you a bit of all I have done so far, and expose it in this site for you to sse it and give me, if you will, a fed back, impressions, or any comments, questions or whatever you may want to make.

They will be more than welcome.
Since I am basically doing it alone for a long time. It is hard for me to find opinions on witch I can find a direction to improve. I am sure peoples reaction can help me a lot.

Thats the reason y post it here.
Here is the link. And I hope you find it at least interesting.

http://www.aliagadesign.com/AllDreams

Here I have some animated sequences just in work in progress that I also want to share.

http://www.aliagadesign.com/AllDreams/web/ActingSceneWIP.htm

http://www.aliagadesign.com/AllDreams/web/ActionSceneWIP.htm

Just let me explain a bit more my situation in this project and some of the reason that are motivating me to keep going on with this project.

I will like to explain to all of you a bit more, since you shared your comments. Maybe it is of interest to you and helps to understand why I am making this project.

Since I was a kid I have always loved SC Fiction and fantasy movies, especially animated ones, because they are more effective in the way they communicate fantasy and imagination creating new worlds and great stories.

I have always wanted to make my little contribution or at participation.
But I always thought that it was an impossible task to do.
Suddenly, when I was studying Industrial design in LA I became more an more addicted to new SGI technologies and I was learning all I could, as I was realizing that this technology could really make this task possible.
I have spent a lot of time learning, modeling, set up, animation, lighting, dynamics, compositing, etc. I have taken Summer intense course and bought all existing DVD´s tutorials. All because I was seeing that it was possible to make my story. It will be very hard work, but in a way possible.

I did some other short SCFI films(this one not animated one) with another friend of mine, also in our spare time while I was working in LA as a Full time Product and graphic designer, and learn very much from that experience and realize that by being constant you can achieve very crazy and long projects.

I have also found many people in internet that are already doing that and they are continuing doing it after 5 years.
Bryan Taylor with http://www.rustboy.com/
in Animwatch they are many more like him
I really admire them and They represent a great motivation for me.

So as you see there are plenty of reasons that will keep me motivated for at least 6 more years. Doing this project is a very motivating engine to improve and learn. And only for that reason makes it worth the effort.

Thank you in advance
Posted: December 04, 2006
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hey, adolfo!
Nice works!
Are you doing it alone?
Posted: December 12, 2006
adolfo
Mostly,

there is a section on the web that shows how is doing what. It is call "the crew

How did you find the animation sequences?

Thanks for suport
Posted: October 27, 2009
nyltextures
This is a nice animation character. I would like to see the story too:)
Posted: January 12, 2010
Hazelnice
Well, great animation..Keep it up!
Posted: February 14, 2010
simpo
Wow, the composition and modelling looks really good. I like the horse modelling very much.
Posted: March 12, 2010
Liman
wow, that is amazing. It looks really nice. Excellect work!
Posted: June 02, 2010
Visario
I agree, amazing stuff. Good work!
Posted: June 11, 2010
RMIQUELE
THIS IS REALLY COOL I LIKE IT.
Posted: July 02, 2010
TanadrineStudios
I like the style, but I think your animation needs work. If the lip syncing, for example, is "complete" then it looks very off and hurts the overall quality.

I can't really criticize WIPs much, so I'll leave it at that.