3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Help me choose a PC for 3D Work

Posted: August 26, 2006
mistaturbo
pls which pc's better for 3d work? a dual xeon proccessor pc or a core duo2 2 pc? the latter is cheaper but do they have the same capabilities? please can any one advise me

turbo Question
Posted: September 01, 2006
3d artist gallery Andyba
I'm using a dual core Athlon 64 4400+ and it's just great for 3D work.
I also heard that Intel core duo2 is even better so you can safely choose it.
Posted: September 18, 2009
NickolasM
I have an Athlon 64 6000 + and then I was not enough. To select a computer for 3D graphics, the question is only in money, the more expensive the better.
Posted: September 30, 2009
rusty_hawk
I have a core 2 duo and it's ok.how much money do you have?look at intel core i7.do you make big renders?(if not you don't need to buy an expensive pc...components)
Posted: October 12, 2009
limacchina
i think a basic with P4 and XP works
Posted: November 05, 2009
asifraza
core 2 quad,4GBRAM,asus motherbord which supports PCI express. 1GB of 9600 GT Geforce card.. its gud pc for 3d softwares. if you want cheep one then core 2 duo is fine.
Posted: December 12, 2009
CassiusChauncey
I use a range in 3D modeling programs including Autocad, 3DS Max and Revit as well as photoshop, and paintshop.I am happy to build myself, just need a bit of assistance with what to look for spec and componant wise. Any help is appreciated.
Posted: December 12, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Cassius, what is your budget?
Posted: January 12, 2010
Hazelnice
The Intel core duo2 is even better so you can safely choose it.
Posted: January 17, 2010
AlteredTach
for the 3rd time this site has blocked my message because I mentioned a website. fr### grrrr...

get at least 4 GB of Ram, which means you have to use 64-bit Windows Vista or 64-bit Windows 7 in order to recognize that much memory. 32-bit Windows XP cannot recognize a full 4 GB of memory.

Get a Dual core processor 3.0Ghz+ as opposed to a slower speed quad core. It is like winning a race with 2 Fast cars as opposed to 4 slower cars.

Then buy a video card that has at least 512MB of memory.

Good luck.
Posted: January 29, 2011
dTb
AlteredTach, you have to write an amount fo messages before you are allowed to post links. I know it sucks but without it - the forums would be full of spam.