3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

how to restore 3dsMax to default settings?

Posted: May 25, 2006
DoggyJP
hi! plz, how to restore 3dsMax to default settings???
Murat
Did you try looking in the top menu? :)
file->reset
DoggyJP
but, this reset all values?
Murat
can't answer that
is there a particular setting you want?
DoggyJP
yeah... reset all old values to original values...
Murat
well i don't no, try it...
sperll
goto File and hit reset
DoggyJP
ah... ok... thkz! Smile)
Murat
i thought i just said that
Posted: June 17, 2010
sac
i want restore rotate setting i can't rotate my object :D
Posted: July 20, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
Sac, may be your 3d object is locked? Smile
Posted: October 01, 2010
sosoftbioti
i think i know what doggyjp is talking about... u want to know how to bring the whole 3D studio max program back to the original default settings the way it was when u first bought it... all u have to do is click on customize... click on load custom ui scheme.... then click on default ui.ui.... and this will bring 3DS max back to the original settings
Posted: October 01, 2010
SOSOFTBIOTI
and if that didnt work for u the other way u can do it is click on customize>revert to startup layout... that will do the exact same thing for u.... it will restore max back to its factory settings
Posted: October 08, 2010
Loke
Help! No matter what i do i cant reset my UI to the original ones... 3 times i've had to reinstall 3ds max..
Revert to startout layot does not work
reset does not work
Load custom UI (saved the orginal one) does not work
Custom UI and default switcher does not work

Im using 3ds max 2011 <-Trial
freelancer81
DoggyJP wrote:
hi! plz, how to restore 3dsMax to default settings???

navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsMax\2010 - 32bit\enu\defaults\MAX" and delete 'CurrentDefaults.ini' after making a backup of it.

haven't tried it yet but i am pretty sure it should.
freelancer81
if it does not, copy/backup and delete '3dsmax.ini' in "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsMax\2010 - 32bit\enu\"

it is for 3ds max 2010 in XP only. for vista/win7, try to figure out where those files should be;-)

i am considering joining this forum. still checking out.
Posted: October 31, 2010
petersilis
"copy/backup and delete '3dsmax.ini' in "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsMax\2010 - 32bit\enu\"

This one realy works Smile
THX
Posted: December 09, 2010
Suzu
petersilis wrote:
"copy/backup and delete '3dsmax.ini' in "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsMax\2010 - 32bit\enu\"

THX

This works... thanks ^-^
Posted: January 27, 2012
CG forums guest
[quote="Suzu"]
petersilis wrote:

THX

Go to customize --> Custom UI and Default Switcher. In the first selection box "initial settings for tool options" highlight "Max" and 2nd box "UI schemes" DefaultUI--then click set. I actually had to switch it to "ami-light" then back to "DefaultUI" before it actually worked but this is the way you should do it. Took me a whole day to figure out this counter intuitive new program. -100 whomever developed this layout for Autodesk. EVERYTHING is ass backwards or not set as compared to later versions.
Posted: June 23, 2012
valentinetti0
can't answer that
is there a particular setting you want?
Posted: August 29, 2012
Alex_TNT
thank you.... Smile

hmm more details
Posted: October 25, 2012
ME
My UVW Map is not working!

When I try to UVW Map my material it does absolutly nothing! I have tried changing the map channel and all I want is spherical on my object!