3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3D Artist/Modeler

Posted: July 12, 2017
CG JOBS
Qbots LLC is looking for 3D Artist/Modeler

Starting Date: Immediately, duration - Year end 2017 (w/option to continue)

Job details: WHO WE ARE
Hello! I'm David Forbes, the owner of Qbots LLC, a small gaming studio with eight team members working on a game called Qbots. The game is designed to engage players in multiple ways and has a detailed history and backstory that informs the world and the game play (robots fighting other robots and building outposts and finding energy to survive).

We took a very stripped down demo of the game to the Let's Play! Expo in PA and were voted Best Gameplay by attendees, beating out the largest gaming studio in Pennsylvania. We couldn't get people out of our booth, and nearly everyone asked if they could buy a copy (no, not yet). It was great validation that we're on the right path.

EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Low poly modeling; clean topology
UV mapping
Texture baking
PBR texturing workflow
Blender (preferred)

If you have rigging and animation experience that's even better, but not required.

We are building a variety of assets for the gaming environment so no matter what you like to work on, we have something you should enjoy. We can also help you stretch your skills into new areas as well. Long-term goal is to make this a viable gaming studio with regular paid work for everyone involved.

I have spent almost $100,000 of my own money developing the game and have exhausted my cash supply and have been unable to find outside investors. I am willing to negotiate deferred payments that will prioritize your compensation once we begin selling the game.

Here's a link to some of the work our previous animator did: https://sketchfab.com/search?q=qbots [note that the artifex-astra qbot model on this page has no relation to our game, but all the others are our work]

CONTACT
If you're interested or have more questions, please contact dave@qbots.net.

Thank you!

Requirements: EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Low poly modeling; clean topology
UV mapping
Texture baking
PBR texturing workflow
Blender (preferred)

If you have rigging and animation experience that's even better, but not required.

Contact info:
email - dave@qbots.net
fax - 7175037228
phone - 7175037228
address - 1232 Cross Creek Drive
web site - www.qbots.net

3d modeling jobs