3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Simplest Win/Mac Solution To Play MKV Videos On IPad Air

Posted: November 20, 2013
Fgzp513
Description: A basic and details guide to show the simplest solution to transfer MKV movies to iPad Air with best video settings.

Q1: "I have come up against a brick wall trying to find out if I can play .mkv format movies on my iPad Air. Some web sources say it is can't be done; others reckon it is possible but only by converting the files while I have no idea about various specs and settings. Any insights?"

Having stored many MKV HD 1080p/720p movies on PC or Mac, want to watch MKV video on latest iPad Air? All these can be easily solved by this MKV to iPad Air Converter for Mac here.

Do not miss its Mac

How to watch MKV video on iPad Air?

iPad Air supported video/audio format:

* Video: H.264 video up to 1080p, M4V, MP4, MOV, AVI (1280 by 720 pixels)

* Audio: AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV

From the specs above, you may already understand MKV is not an iPad Air supported format. So, to playback MKV on iPad Air with best video quality, you are recommended to use this iPad Air Video Converter to transcode MKV to MP4 format.

Tutorials: how to transcode MKV to MP4 for iPad Air?

Step 1: Run this Pavtube Video Converter as MKV to iPad Air Converter; add videos.

You can choose to import videos or the entire folder by clicking the top left two icons.

Step 2. Choose format.

Click "Format" drop-down list and choose "iPad -> iPad Air Full HD Video(*.mp4)" as the compatible MP4 preset with best video quality. Or you can choose other presets if you don't need full size videos.

Step 3. Customize video specs (Optional).

Click "Settings" to free change video resolution, bitrate(quality), frame rate and other settings. Note that if you need to get videos in smaller size (especially when you own a 16GB model), you are suggested to turn down bitrate settings; the generated video size could also be found in this window.

Step 4. Start Conversion.

You can hit the big red "Convert" to start converting HD MKV to MP4 with best video settings for iPad Air. After the conversion, click "Open output folder" in the conversion window, or "Open" in main interface to quick locate the converted video.

How to transfer videos, music, photos, iBook between your computer and iPad Air?

Additonal Tips:

1. If your movie isn't already in one of the iPad Air supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the iPad 3, iPod 5 and other iOS devices for smoothly playing.

See more video tips about iPad Air:

Convert MKV, AVI, Tivo, VOB, WMV, MPG, FLV to iPad Air

Rip/Stream Blu-ray movies to Apple iPad Air

PHow to watch Blu-ray ISO image files on iPad Air?

How to view DVD movies on iPad Air with highest quality?

Why Not Sync MKV, AVI, VOB, MPG, Tivo, WMV, FLV, MVI files to iPad 3?

Get Sony 4K XAVC/XAVC S Files onto iPad Air

Source: http://best-tablet-converter.com/2013/11/13/play-mkv-movies-on-ipad-air/