3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

New to 3D modeling with RaySupreme

Posted: May 21, 2013
Ming
Hi all,

I am a complete newbie and own the RaySupreme 3D program. Are there any other RaySupreme users here? Had a go with the manual and 1 tutorial but want to start creating my own models now, in general what is easiest to learn to model - cars, buildings, planes etc.
Posted: May 28, 2013
poly2poly
I've been using raysupreme since it came out. If you've been doing 3d for some time then you don't really need to read the whole manual since tools like extrude edge, edgeloops, slide, vertex welding are core tools common in all appz. Generally RS is very easy to use and very intuitive just by testing each tool on a mesh. Its probably easy to start with simple objects like chairs, furnitures. Any tutorial dealing with modelling and mesh editing is applicable for RS when you're learning.

I modelled the car here
http://www.braindistrict.com/forums/raysupreme-gallery/topics/my-modelling-wip-thread?locale=en#forum_post_50

Maybe I'll post more steps for my next models.
Posted: May 28, 2013
brig
Hi Ming,
I'd suggest that you model whatever holds interest for you. I started out with cars and buildings when I was learning. Feel free to post any questions or screenshots if you have any trouble.
Posted: May 30, 2013
Ming
Thanks for the feedback @poly2poly & brig,
Your car modeling is very cool, look forward to seeing more of your posts.