3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

I need advise about which software support my demands

Posted: April 23, 2013
paulk
Hi there,

Can anyone help me with what kind of software I can use best to achieve this. I think what is mentioned below is all possible, but do not know if there is software that can support my demands.

The demands are as follows:

- Program that can create 3D models (for mechanical engineering use);
- These 3d models have to be rendered to a nice presentable rendering;
- The 3d model can be assembled with various standard assemblies / blocks that can be found in a standard library. These assemblies / blocks have editable properties;
- To these assemblies must be able to assign properties, such as: weight, color, dimensions, etc., which can be arranged in a summarized report;
- Optionally, there can be made automatically a calculation of the total weight of the 3D model that is made;
- The model should be exported to a BIM model (IFC format or other that is compatible with the BIM method);
- When the model is sold, it would help if the created concept model (assemblies / blocks) can be linked to detailed assemblies / blocks.

I know I'm asking for a lot to support my demands, but I think this all is possible in one software package. Can anyone help me whit what kind of software there is at the moment what is best for me to use.

I hope to hear from you!

Paul
Posted: April 24, 2013
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hi Paulk,
Welcome to 3d Forum.
I think you need some CAD software like Autocad.
I don't know of a 3d animation software that can do what you are asking.
But I don't know everything so... good luck with your search.