3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

new project

Posted: August 23, 2012
csaaphill
I know this isn't too detailed or hard, but think allong the lines I have posted this might show a bit more of what I can do.
comments welcome as long as they are constructive and not meant to be a smart ass.

house-to-show.jpg
Posted: August 26, 2012
csaaphill
csaaphill wrote:
I know this isn't too detailed or hard, but think allong the lines I have posted this might show a bit more of what I can do.
comments welcome as long as they are constructive and not meant to be a smart ass.

Ok I'll do my own critique.
For being an amateure this is not too bad. Yes some of the texturing went ary and prolly will unless I make some adjustments. For those that have looked I did the chimney with all seperate bricks and will texture most of each one which is quite a lot of work, but wanted some realism. Windows and such will look good when done. The drain will or hope will look cool or decent. I will repost more on this when more steps are done thanks.
Feel free to write something just dont be an ass.
Posted: August 26, 2012
3d artist gallery zopha
I think the chimney needs to be straightened, not following the slant from the roof. The chimney needs to look like its coming through the roof, not starting on top of the roof. The chimney can be made out of one solid object and textured to make it seem like the there are individual bricks that make up the chimney, this will save you some time and work. Post some more pictures of the house with the windows/rain gutter and include a wireframe please.
Posted: September 14, 2012
csaaphill
I will when I have time. thanks for the post though. Ya I made individule bricks for a rustic look I may take your advice into consideration thanks again though.
Posted: October 01, 2012
davidcruz1718
You should look up references to house parts, so roof tops ect and study what they look like then add what you like into your project.