3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3D Artist Partner for New Game Studio in Toronto

Posted: June 29, 2012
CG JOBS
New Game Studio is looking for 3D Artist Partner for New Game Studio in Toronto

Job details: After 12+ years working for AAA game studios on large scale titles I have decided to pursue every game developer’s dream of starting their own studio. Every good studio needs a mix of complementary skills. My expertise is on the technical/programming side, most recently as a Technical Director and a Technical Consultant. I am looking for a 3D artist counterpart to collaborate with and start something great here in Toronto!

The initial focus of this new indie studio will be on smaller, more casual titles for digital distribution. I already have a game design in mind tailored to touch screen mobile platforms but the direction it ultimately goes depends on our collaboration.

What I bring to the table:
- Loads of game development experience on multiple platforms (mobile, console, handheld, PC) in multiple genres (casual/social, RPG, shooter, fighting, sports)
- Ability to handle all things technical from low to high level
- Small business knowledge: structure, funding, pitches and proposals
- My full time focus on this
- My own money to invest in this venture

What I am looking for:
- 3D artist that is able to do a bit of everything: model, texture, animate, FX, UI design
- Ability to do things from top to bottom: Art direction to in-game execution
- Serious experience having shipped titles using game pipelines and engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal)
- Desire for deep discussions on game design
- Passion for what you do and pride in your work

There is no salary involved. You would be doing this for equity in the company and a stake in future revenue. You would be directly compensated depending on how the titles sell so the sky is the limit. If you are a freelancer and want to collaborate on a single game and take if from there I am open to that as well. If you have the art skills, experience and most importantly the entrepreneurial spirit then contact me. It will be a fun ride and the opportunity to do something you always dreamed of.

More information can be found here: http://www.newgamestudio.com/

Contact info:
email - mark@mizuguchi.com
web site - www.newgamestudio.com

3d modeling jobs