3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3D Artist Partner for New Game Studio in Toronto

Posted: June 29, 2012
CG JOBS
New Game Studio is looking for 3D Artist Partner for New Game Studio in Toronto

Job details: After 12+ years working for AAA game studios on large scale titles I have decided to pursue every game developerís dream of starting their own studio. Every good studio needs a mix of complementary skills. My expertise is on the technical/programming side, most recently as a Technical Director and a Technical Consultant. I am looking for a 3D artist counterpart to collaborate with and start something great here in Toronto!

The initial focus of this new indie studio will be on smaller, more casual titles for digital distribution. I already have a game design in mind tailored to touch screen mobile platforms but the direction it ultimately goes depends on our collaboration.

What I bring to the table:
- Loads of game development experience on multiple platforms (mobile, console, handheld, PC) in multiple genres (casual/social, RPG, shooter, fighting, sports)
- Ability to handle all things technical from low to high level
- Small business knowledge: structure, funding, pitches and proposals
- My full time focus on this
- My own money to invest in this venture

What I am looking for:
- 3D artist that is able to do a bit of everything: model, texture, animate, FX, UI design
- Ability to do things from top to bottom: Art direction to in-game execution
- Serious experience having shipped titles using game pipelines and engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal)
- Desire for deep discussions on game design
- Passion for what you do and pride in your work

There is no salary involved. You would be doing this for equity in the company and a stake in future revenue. You would be directly compensated depending on how the titles sell so the sky is the limit. If you are a freelancer and want to collaborate on a single game and take if from there I am open to that as well. If you have the art skills, experience and most importantly the entrepreneurial spirit then contact me. It will be a fun ride and the opportunity to do something you always dreamed of.

More information can be found here: http://www.newgamestudio.com/

Contact info:
email - mark@mizuguchi.com
web site - www.newgamestudio.com

jobs for 3d artists, employment in movies and games production, 3d modelers and 3d animators wanted, 3d animation software Maya, 3ds max, Softimage, LightWave 3d, rendering, texturing, 3d modeling jobs