3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Learning 3D Animation..... Where do i start?

Posted: January 19, 2012
tgsbeast
Hey guys.... I've always been fascinated by 3D animation and recently considered doing one of the 3D animation courses from home. Can you give me some pro's and con's of this. What is getting work like once you have the relevant qualifications? What qualifications do i need? How long would gaining all the relevant qualifications take? Is it worth me doing one of the learn from home courses or is it basically useless in the real world?

I see 3D animation growing very quickly and i can see a great future for it. Definitely something i would like to get into but this is just an idea i had recently. All help is appreciated!

Thankyou
Posted: January 20, 2012
baalnazzar
Are you brginner to 3D or you're a modeler who wants to start animate? If you're beginner then long path is before you. Of course you can learn from tutorials. Most of 3D graphics and animators are self-taught persons so you can go this way too. What you need is patience and self discipline to force yourself to regular learning. I know people who went to school only because of lack of discipline.

What about qualifications it's simple - you need only good portfolio.
Posted: January 20, 2012
tgsbeast
beginner........... brand new

i have no graphics/animation/modelling experience at all.
Is there a popular tutorial that you can link me to so i can begin? I'd like to attempt some animation to see if it really is for me.

Thanks again!
Posted: February 12, 2012
oknplm
I would suggest going into a class because one on one with a teacher is very helpful and depending on their experience can improve your skills by a lot