3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Help me

Posted: November 22, 2011
Dwix
someone please tell me , what is 3d topology ?? Rolling Eyes
Posted: November 22, 2011
3d artist gallery Surplu
3D topology is the way the lines flow in a 3D model. A good example to look at is a 3D head; a 3D head must have "good topology" if you're planning on animating it at a later stage, and good topology means the edges must run smoothly and flow so that it won't cause errors later, bad topology can cause many errors in the mesh when animating.
Posted: November 23, 2011
baalnazzar
Yeah! I know something about that. Bad topology is pain in ass when you animate Wink
Posted: December 30, 2011
Dwix
hahaha... yeah thanks before. I think it is very important ,so I must learned a lot in order to be able to make a good topology Very Happy
Posted: December 30, 2011
Dwix
emm.... I wanted to ask, what things to consider when we want to create a topology?
what is the difference between organic and inorganic modeling ??
and what is most important in making organic modeling ??
Posted: August 26, 2012
leonlabyk
organic models are living creatures, these models will tend to be animated and so topology is extremely important. Bad topology will lead to a model that will deform badly when you begin painting weights and start the rigging process.

Inorganic would be hard surface modeling such as weapons, envoronments, cars etc. Topology is very important in these areas also and as with organics the best course of action is to model in quads to allow for your object to look good when subdivided or mesh smoothed. This is more the case for highend work though as hard surface models in video game will allow much more room for manouvre in this area.

Hope this helps