3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Help me please

Posted: November 01, 2011
somashekhar
Hi guys Smile

as 3d is concerned i know only maya and specialized in modelling and texturing . is this enough or do i need to learn 3ds max also ?
because i'm not getting job on maya so ................

what should i do ???
Posted: November 22, 2011
3d artist gallery Surplu
How's your work? I only know 3DS Max so I'm in the same boat as far as 3D is concerned. However I do have knowledge in V-Ray and Maxwell Render and sculpting programs such as Mudbox and Z-Brush, so if you know these programs as well there shouldn't be too much of a problem I don't think...

I think any company would employ someone if they're to a good standard in a program, and I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to learn other 3D software if you're already sufficient in Maya.
Posted: November 23, 2011
baalnazzar
Most work for Maya users I usually find is animation. I'd propose you 3DS Max + Mudbox or ZBrush. I don't use V-Ray because I just love to work with mental ray, but it's good to know V-Ray because this renderer is used very often.

I agree with Surplu that you should learn new soft quite quickly. Basics are always the same. It's just the matter of interface and few different tools.
Posted: November 23, 2011
3d artist gallery Andyba
Its not the tool its what you can do with this tool...
Many good 3d artists don't even know their tool perfectly they know only a part of it in which they specialize.
But they can do amazing things with it.

So if you want to be an artist you should practice your artistic skills.
Posted: November 24, 2011
baalnazzar
Yeah. You're right. Skills are essential. But I'm just saying that most offers for Maya users I've seen were animations Smile If you looking for a job in some studio. If you're looking for individual clients then soft usually doesn't matter indeed. Then what matters is good portfolio and some patience during time spended on looking for clients.
That's just my experience. I animate in max and most studios I've seen used Maya so I couldn't cooperate with them. But individual clients are different. They just want good looking stuff and that's all. They don't care what you will use. They care for good effect Smile I think that now that's all I could say.
Posted: December 20, 2011
john8williams
somashekhar, Can you post a link to your work?
Posted: February 29, 2012
Alex910
is better to know as many as you can. Is very good to know them both. And i think that there aren't big differences between the softwares.
Posted: March 01, 2012
3d artist gallery markshires
baalnazzar wrote:
Yeah. You're right. Skills are essential. But I'm just saying that most offers for Maya users I've seen were animations Smile If you looking for a job in some studio. If you're looking for individual clients then soft usually doesn't matter indeed. Then what matters is good portfolio and some patience during time spended on looking for clients.
That's just my experience. I animate in max and most studios I've seen used Maya so I couldn't cooperate with them. But individual clients are different. They just want good looking stuff and that's all. They don't care what you will use. They care for good effect Smile I think that now that's all I could say.

I agree with baalnazzar, most clients will not mind what you use, it is all about the end product.