3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Adding Graphics to Pro Materials

Posted: July 30, 2011
N1NJ8F0X
Hi guys my first post here,
I have made a Rx-7 and set up all the paint with using the Pro Material in 3D Max. I am not sure where to put the the graphic into the pro material or am i doing it the wrong way.

I have UV mapped the car also so should I scrap the Pro materials and use the UV maping? below is a test render of the car i have made. If so would there be a way to get the same paint effect from not useing Pro materials
Posted: August 24, 2011
Madie
Embarassed Cool Cool Cool I do not really understand, unfortunately, not on the rod busy!
Posted: August 26, 2011
j3dj3d
Hi,

If you are adding for example a stripe in the paint down the side of the car then create the stripe in a 2D graphics application. Save as jpg. In the Architectural material in 3dsmax add in the jpg as the diffuse map. Apply a UVW planar map where you want the stripe to go. If you have two stripes use a multi-subobject material. In each sub-material have the same architectural material except that the diffuse map of each would be a different jpg and use a different mapping channel with a different uvw map applied and the part of the editable poly where it was to be applied a different material id set.

Regards