3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Self made animation Help

Posted: July 09, 2011
UpDownBeat
Hey ppl Smile i need some advise. first off... im a noob, and i want to find a 3d program that lets me make a few objects and let them interact with each other under certain rules, as gravity. For example; two balls with a certain speed and direction that would bounce in the floor and hit each other at a certain moment and react as two real balls without me having to make each frame Confused been looking for something like that for a while but havent found anything. in most software u need to make each frame but thats not what i want. Also it would be good if i could log the process step by step. Should i perfect C++ and make a program (althought i know that could take yrs) Anyway thnx for any help Very Happy
baalnazzar
I don't know how it works in other 3d softs but in 3ds max things like balls you mentioned could be quite easy to do Smile
UpDownBeat
i know its easy to make an object, i just need them to interact by following rules of physics, not just go right through each other when they collide...
Posted: July 10, 2011
baalnazzar
And that's what I'm talking about. I was using simple Havok physics in max sometimes for different purposes. It isn't complicated if you wan't do something simple but of course simulation for many colliding objects takes much time.
Posted: July 11, 2011
UpDownBeat
thnx ill be chacking the software Smile i wanna do some effects for chemistry to show effects to the molecular level, it will take me a looooot of time Smile thanks for the help
Posted: August 20, 2011
rockyourteeth
It's all built into move versions of 3ds Max. Just check out some tutorials for using Reactor and "rigid body" dynamics.
Posted: August 25, 2011
Leroy
You can also do it in Truespace by making the objects and using a path along which the 2 balls collide at some point. TS, supports collision physics for such simple animations.