3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

CHOOSING 3D SOFTWARE ANIME FOR CHARACTERS

Posted: March 08, 2011
h0tsh0t`
I wanted to chose Autodesk which as I know is the best 3D software company. But I am unsure of which is the best for character animation like this.

bit.ly/eiKoTs

I am a full time personal trainer ( part time nerd ) and I wanted to create this same exact concept for my clients. I was thinking of Autodesk 3ds MAX what would you suggest ?

-thank you for your time
Posted: March 11, 2011
h0tsh0t`
Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Posted: May 02, 2011
3d artist gallery lyndon
hi
if you are just doing it part time, investing like in an application like MAX, MAYA or XSI (from Autodesk) will work out to be rather costly. have you considered an open source alternative like Blender, which can do just about anything the above listed applications can for free?
Posted: May 12, 2011
Trax
Well, if you can afford it Maya hands down, in my opinion, but if not try out Blender.
Posted: July 05, 2011
Leroy
h0tsh0t` wrote:
I wanted to chose Autodesk which as I know is the best 3D software company. But I am unsure of which is the best for character animation like this.

bit.ly/eiKoTs

I am a full time personal trainer ( part time nerd ) and I wanted to create this same exact concept for my clients. I was thinking of Autodesk 3ds MAX what would you suggest ?

-thank you for your time

Try Lightwave I hear it's an animator oriented software and is a bit more economical then MAX. You'd be able to create full animation and my understanding is that customer support is good.