3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Paid 3D Fantasy Game Character Designer/Animator job

Posted: February 23, 2011
CG JOBS
Roxbury Digital Media is looking for Paid 3D Fantasy Game Character Designer/Animator

Job details: Hello,

Looking for a 3D Low Poly artist for paid freelance fantasy computer game and other work.

Here are some more details from my client...

TACTICAL FANTASY GAME - PROJECT 1:
-\"We\'ll need key-frame animated low-poly figures (~3,000, up to maybe 6,000 triangles for big complicated things like dragons) in FBX format for XNA. Our animation library supports normal and spec maps. We would be interested in a couple LOD versions -- depending on the pricetag.\"
-Models should have several basic anims... \"walking, attacking, defending, casting spells, dying, and one or two idling animations\"
-Customer would like 40+ models, but knows the more models, the lower the quality of each one and the higher the camera will have to be placed. Plans on doing scenery in-house.
-We are hoping that once the basic models are created for each race, that your time can be saved on each variation. For instance, once a horse is created, he can be used on all mounted unit models. Once an orc is created, he can be reposed with minor variations and be used again and again with different weapons in his hands. There will of course be several one-offs. A dragon, wizard unit, etc.
-Though each model could theoretically fill the entire screen, we can set a 7 meter minimum camera height (or higher) to reduce required detail and increase the number of models which the budget will buy.
-You will be required to take the characters from conception to delivery. My contacts would, of course, like to have some input in the concept process but won\'t overwhelm you with it. If we choose your portfolio, you will have hopefully done some fantasy 3D figures and one reason we choose you will probably already be for your style.
-Client ready to allow for use of some of the same animations for various humanoids. So once you have a walk animation, can be applied to elves, humans, dwarves, etc. as a way to save time. Orcs may need a different walk animation.
-Budget for 3D art: Roughly $22,000-$24,000 which I would like to put in ONE artist\'s hands so the look stays consistent. Be forewarned: This number could still vary depending on the success of a release of theirs scheduled in June and if we tend towards these numbers, the client would like to see 50 models (again, with many time saving variations on orcs, elves, men, dwarves, etc)
-Will need some art for menues and the cover, etc. This could involve either 2D art (and a 2D artist) OR the 3D artist could be hired to pose some of his characters for scenes. This is still to be decided.
-Contract(s) likely to be awarded in April/May of 2011.
-Likely to start in June/July 2011.
-In the end, my client will own all the rights to the work. Will make minor in-house variations on some of your models when delivered (blue hat, red hat, etc.)
-Until the contract is given, all details subject to change without notice or obligation.

STRATEGY FANTASY GAME - PROJECT 2.
-Will need roughly 80 2D fantasy units (can be painted or photoshopped or even 3D renders--your choice, but in the end they will be purely 2D units) which will be displayed on a strategic map. These will vary from elven units to dwarven units, to orcs, to various factions of humans. These will appear at no larger than 100 px tall in the game. Just so you know, at the moment I am competing with an artist out of Poland and have been offered this opportunity to find someone else if I like.
-Will need roughly 100 \"mug shots\" (\"character portraits\") which will appear at no larger than 120 px by 80 px in the game. Again, competing against an artist in Poland who they are used to using, but am being offered the opportunity to find new talent if I like.
-In both of the above cases, you will be responsible for concepting the characters and taking them to completion. My contacts would, of course, like to have some input in the concept process but won\'t overwhelm you with it. If we choose your portfolio, you will have hopefully done some fantasy figure work and one reason we choose you will probably already be for your style.
-Will need splash screen/main menu screen painting/artwork.
-May need perhaps three battle paintings: 1) for before battle calculation begins, 2) for a player victory, 3) for a player defeat.
-Contract(s) could be awarded as early as March of 2011.
-Aspects of this project can begin in by late March 2011.
-The budget is not as large as the budget above and could considered to be much smaller--though numbers are not ready.
-In the end my client will own all the rights to the work.
-Until the contract is given, all details subject to change without notice or obligation.

OTHER PROJECTS.
The publisher I work closely with often has WW2 strategy games in house and is often in need of other art and I am happy to keep tabs on quality portfolios and recommend them for consideration as I see fit.

IN GENERAL:
Looking to offer competitive advantage to my clients who have a freelance job(s) waiting for you this year, so looking to find someone not in USA, northern Europe, or other pricey market. Jobs should pay well for most other regions of the world. Deliver decent art at a competitive price, and I will almost surely be able to place your portfolio in front of my contacts for their selection on one of the computer games in their stable in the next months/year.

I am a game rules designer for one of these companies and have been tasked with going out and putting together, organizing, and running some undiscovered competitive talent from around the world. This all happened about two to three days ago, so still organizing Website for my talent agency and more. I should be able to place over $50,000 to $60,000+ of art with artists around the world this year according to my contact\'s preliminary estimates and have already been told I may have more coming my way. I enjoy supporting artists trying to get into the field who need a break in non-western nations (and even in western ones if they know they are competing against many others).

If you don\'t fit the profile and know of someone who does, please send them to me. I would love to hear from them.

Please feel free to PM me here at GCSociety. If my mailbox gets full, wait a day and try again.

Thanks!

Contact info:
email - exoskeleton@gmx.de
web site - Coming Soon

3d modeling jobs