3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Grad Student Needs Lap Top Advice

Posted: January 06, 2011
tigerliyl20202
Hi all:

I'm starting a graduate program in animation this year, and I'm looking into buying a lap top so I can do some of my work at home. I hope to specialize in Autodesk programs like Maya...and I'm transitioning from a MAC. I would really appreciate some affordable recommendations and/or tips to consider before I invest in a computer. I'd like to get a lap top and I was also thinking about getting the student version of Maya. Preferences (Dells vs. Hewlett Packard, websites, etc.) are also appreciated!

Thank you for your help!
Posted: January 21, 2011
raahulsaxena
Hi..

I am a vfx artist/motion graphic designer/ 3D animator..

I suggest u to go for a desktop besides laptop coz when we work on multimedia application we almost many time needs to upgrade out system like CS4 and CS5 diffirence..CS5 came for 64 bit.. And if u had laptop or those who had laptop..they cant use after effect and premiere pro CS5 coz they had 32bit Laptop and its nt easy to every one for buy new laptop like buying candy!

U should buy an 8 core mother board and most of ram 2GB graphic card and a huge storage HDD..

And if u like laptop for going to show presantation to client or going on holidays.
Suggesting u a tiny notebook laptop..it will be stylish and cheaper too..

I hav
inter i7 core with 3.3GHz speed
8GB ram
2GB vRam(graphic card)
500GB HDD (X2)
an externel HDD OF 1 TETRABYTE(stored backup)
an small notebook
3GB RAM
320HDD
intel pantinm 2.0 ghz..

Bbyee
Posted: January 27, 2011
imandehearty
Hi! I just saw the Revolutionary 3D Software that is really easy and helps you create stunning 3D Animations. I watched the videos posted and it was AMAZING!! It has many awesome features like ease of interface, advanced 3D modeling, 3D cartoon animation, realtime 3D/game creation, 3D editing and compositing, enhanced 3D Rendering, Complex 3D Shading, Interactive 3D Rigging, and Realistic Physics & Particles. What's more you can overview the features too. Also, this software is compatible with both Mac Os X and Win 98 to Windows 7. Probably it would be a great help for people like you..However, I could not post the link of the website here as I am new.. You can contact me if you want to know more and I'm more than happy to help you..=)