3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Heyho! I need your help to get started :)

Posted: December 07, 2010
KaiserLu
Hey there, I'm totally new to 3D modeling and I need your advice to get started as efficient as possible:

Which software is the right one for me?

I want to make and import some models to use them in my Live Visuals.
I want them to look like plastic toys like these
(can't post urls: Designnewz Plastic Chair Tutorial, Designnewz Marker Pen Tutorial)

What I have in mind are tanks or action figures with simple animations like turning turrets or arms.

I want to export them in videos with alpha channel background, shadows as in the examples would be nice.

Is there a specific software I'd be happy with or is something I can do in all of them?

Thank you very much!
Posted: December 07, 2010
baalnazzar
I thik that 3DS would be good for this.
Posted: December 08, 2010
KaiserLu
Alright, so I'll get started or are there any other opinions?

Whats the best way to start? Is there some generally recognized basic tutorial or do I just try to follow one of these I posted above?
Posted: December 15, 2010
raahulsaxena
Hey dude..
I think i know what kinda work u wanna do in 3d i suggest u to go for cinema 4D coz..its easy enough to use with some advance video editing system like after effect, motion..
I am a motion graphic editor and most of the time when i have to create an ad for TV and i need some 3d object like toothpaste animation, beauty face animation, or logo animation i go to C4D..its best for this both prps..and nice thing abt this is that by default it seeting gives render a toy looks..
Its mograph is alot easy and fantastic then reactor in max...also u should learn maya for paint effect..for begining..cinema 4D is a better choise coz it speak less gives more.max is a extreme good software..bt its speaks too much and to give u what u need...
Maya speaks in very short lang..bt untill u r nt experienced in maya u will suffer..