3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Any 3D animation schools in Louisiana?

Posted: November 25, 2010
erebus1994
Sorry if this thread is similar to others but mine has a more specific focus

I am a junior in high school and I'm looking for colleges that offer courses and degrees in 3D animation - specifically dealing with video game design like using Autodesk Maya, 3D Max, and Blender. The reason I ask is because there are a lot of schools with a..."bad rep" like Full Sail, Devry, Digipen, and ITT. I am looking for traditional state colleges and community colleges that are accredited and well respected by peers, basically meaning that employers won't throw resumes from there in the trash. Also how do these normal colleges differ from supposed schools specialized for art. I know I sound contradicting but I was curious to know how the quality of education differs. I'm worried that if I go to a traditional school I may end up learning 3D but I will be missing out on other valuable stuff pertaining specifically pertaining to game design like game writing and industry practices. Or should I just not worry about a game degree and get a regular animation degree like from film or something?

Sorry for my rambling. Bottom line I want to know of any traditional and/or accredited schools in Louisiana for 3D animation and how these courses may differ from Full Sail and Devry. If there are none in Louisiana I will accept choices from places like Texas, Arkansas, and other nearby states. Thanks.
Posted: November 27, 2010
erebus1994
Um, some feedback would be nice. Even if there aren't any in Louisiana you could still name a few.