3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Quote for 3D animation work

Posted: September 20, 2010
film_guy
Hello all,

I am an indie film director (live action, not animated) and am looking for someone to do some 3d animation for a feature length film we're currently editing.

Basically, I'm looking for someone to model / render / animate, etc. about 20 seconds of 3d animation that is supposed to look like a video game, which we will intercut into a scene we've already shot. It would have 1 or 2 characters, a car, and a background of a city street.

I know that's pretty general, but just wanted to put it out there. If interested, please let me know a quote for the work and a link to some of the other 3d animation you've done. thanks all very much.
Posted: September 22, 2010
Greg3d
Do you have all the 3d models, or you need someone to model, texture and animate?
Posted: September 22, 2010
film_guy
Yes, Greg. The models, texture, animation would all have to be done. I had a friend who had suggested using Poser for some already-made models/characters, but I don't know much else about it.

Thanks for your reply.
Posted: September 25, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
It is difficult to estimate what you want. You have to provide an example with the exact quality and details you need.
Video-games vary in quality and details very much nowadays. I would charge $100 per second of animation, but that is my price.
Posted: November 07, 2010
cinematicfusion
This is a question I have always asked as well. I've never been paid for anything I've done.... but people are starting to ask and I have no idea what a fair price would be.
Posted: November 22, 2010
BlackFear
Some animations cost way more than $100 per second of animation.
Posted: November 23, 2010
baalnazzar
This is big problem of every beginner. I had it too and actually still have sometimes Smile Price is very fluent thing and depends on animation difficulty and client resources. It depends on who are you animating for too.The same simple animation for Sony won't have the same price for small Unknown company. Sometimes even when you're experienced in pricing you get project with such conditions that makes it problematic. There's no recipe for price establishing unfortunately. You have to know first what's your minimum price per hour of your work and always try to take more but never go below. Respect your own time and money and include in your price everything what will consume it (corrections made by clients, probability of problems during work with something complicated, travelling to clients, everything). Sometimes corrections and other things may take more time than main animation so you just have to find your way to deal with it and not spend your time on it for free because it isn't nothing. It's still your time and energy you could spend on something different Smile