3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

new to forum, need help

Posted: September 18, 2010
MiniFTOPS
I apologise for the double post, but figurede this might be a better category to post. I recently started school at Digital Media Arts College in Boca Raton , and am looking for a laptop. I am going for computer animation with a concentration in game art. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I am clueless which direction I should take in making this purchase. I want something new and up to date and money is not an issue, also I need it by next month. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and advice. MiniFTOPS
Posted: September 20, 2010
baalnazzar
So here is my double answer Wink
I always prefer stationary PC's because I can built a machine much stronger than any laptop for a much, much lower price and have no problem with overheat. I can't go with it anywhere, but its power gives comfort in work
Laptop's low clocks, weak graphic cards and often visits in services discouraged me enough.
But if money really isn't an issue and you must have a mobile machine then I'd propose you to look for BOXX offers. Strong laps are rather huge and heavy but still mobile
Posted: March 02, 2011
3d artist gallery sammich
haii i got a ati radeon x1250, amd athlon tm 2650e 1.60ghz, 2gb of ram. is it worth me upgrading my gpu? im looking to do 3d modeling/animation.. is it possible to get decent results with what i have?
Posted: March 04, 2011
holipop
If you're looking at using 3d animation programs such as 3ds max or maya then I strongly recommend you get a PC rather than a laptop.
Posted: March 27, 2011
Lis
You should look at AlienWare hardware or Boxx.