3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Televisions are taking it to the next level !

Posted: September 01, 2010
bryan
Has anyone hear about the new Television that Toshiba is making?

It's about the 3D television that needs no special glasses. It is set to be out this Christmas.
It is said that it will work by emitting rays of light in various angles. So that viewers can watch 3D without the use of those special 3D glasses we use in movies.

I think it will be exciting to have a television with a 3D feature. Especially when it doesn't need 3D glasses.

For you ?
How do you think this will affect you as a 3D graphic designer?
How will you benefit from this awesome feature?
How will you help innovate this kind of televisions?
We'll be exciting, that's for sure. It's imposibble to spend much time with these glasses on.
I think that when it will popularize there will be a time for more fresh ideas on how to create awesome kick ass and powerful graphics Very Happy It's kind of new tool for expression. B/W Tv became color TV and now 3D is coming Smile
Posted: September 02, 2010
bryan
Yeah! The transition of the innovative world of television is revolutionizing so fast. Smile Indeed, it will help the world of 3D to create more improved graphic animations, especially animations to the next level. 3D will be exposed that it will make its popularity grow more rapidly.

I was thinking, through this innovation, there maybe some disadvantages behind this. On the other hand, there are also some limitations on this new project. Sad
bryan wrote:
Yeah! The transition of the innovative world of television is revolutionizing so fast. Smile Indeed, it will help the world of 3D to create more improved graphic animations, especially animations to the next level. 3D will be exposed that it will make its popularity grow more rapidly.

I was thinking, through this innovation, there maybe some disadvantages behind this. On the other hand, there are also some limitations on this new project. Sad

I agree
Posted: November 29, 2010
The_GodfatherSJP
I usually wait until Consumer Reports tests something before I adopt a new technology. It's why I didn't buy an HDTV when they first came out.

Still, Toshiba does have a pretty good reputation for LCD TV's. I just hope they don't price these things the way Sony prices their top of the line HDTV's, you'll be paying 30-40% over the average just for a name brand. Never seen a brand worth that kind of markup.
Posted: August 01, 2011
Madie
As a 3D graphics designer, I think on television, more realistic picture of the first to give the viewer a sense of immersive, more important is the visual effect.
Posted: August 30, 2011
Tremori
3d without glasses? 3ds with a bigger screen