3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

How big is the 3d modeling job market?

Posted: July 24, 2010
Kornish
Hello

I have been recently working my way through college with 3d modelling and I am wondering how big is the job market for 3d modellers, As I recently found out my girlfriend is pregnant and I am now have to rethink my options in careers. I was ideally going to keep it as a hobby until I was good enough for a job. However as you all know its an expensive hobby and recent events now will cut down my expenses , I want to know if its worthwhile keeping it up or should I look else where. Dunno if this is relevent but im 21

I thank you all in advance

Grant
Posted: July 26, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hello Kornish,
The question is not how big is the market but can you outdo the competition?
Post some examples of your 3d models and I will tell you if it is worth continuing.
Posted: July 28, 2010
sancheuz
It also depends where you are located, how much you are willing to charge, quality of your work, and who you know!
Posted: August 31, 2010
bryan
It is a matter of determination, passion to work and the ability to create something new and something which excels among the others. Yes, I agree with Andyba, there is a great competition among the artists in the 3D market and the only way to earn big time is to have the outstanding talent and the big time quality ideas. Smile
I agree with bryan. Determination, passion and creativity will lead you the way to get your peace of cake Very Happy
Posted: September 17, 2010
ariff13
depends on where u are, different country have different market size. but i guess the job scope is the same, modeler, animator, scriptor etc.