3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

What 3D Modelling programme to use?? Help!

Posted: June 24, 2010
CG forums guest
Hi,

I'm a graphic designer with no real 3D experience! I need to learn how to use a 3D programme to model simple objects i.e USB, Pens and Mugs.

I'm happy to buy the objects, but I will need to put logos onto these object, then render them to look photo-realise.

I'm looking for a 3D programme that isn't gonna take months and months to learn.

Anyone got any good suggestion?

Cheers

Stevo
Posted: July 20, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
Ok I would suggest you to try the wings 3d - 3d modeling programme. It's free and open source so you don't loose anything by trying it.
Then you can try the latest version of Blender 3d - it's a more complex 3d programme with rendering and animation, but it is also free, so give it a try you may find it easy if you say you are a graphic designer.
Posted: September 02, 2010
bryan
Try ZPAINT, it makes 3D objects easily. I am pretty sure that you will have fun with it. Smile
with the right tutorial, u can model simple things in max in a day. if you don't want to model it yourself, just find some free model in forever-project com or 3dmodelfree then put your logo on
Posted: December 06, 2010
MSpark
you can download a max file with model and tested light ,so that you can do that easily .