3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Fire (Atmospheric Apparatus) and Exposure Control?

Posted: June 23, 2010
Brotheryas
Hello. As some of you are aware, when ever one applies the mr Sky effect to a scene, it automatically changes the Exposure Control to the "mr Photographic" setting, thus allowing the mr Sky to work properly. The downside to these controls being changed, is that you must now buff up the intensity of lights greatly in order for them to work inside of the scene. But, that problem can be solved, the other problem is the ability of Fire to render properly. When ever it tries rendering, the fire appears black, with no color, if it even appears at all. I prefer using the atmospheric apparatus to render fire, because it's the easiest and quickest way to be done, especially since my computer's processing is not as great as I would like it to be. :\
I've attempted to use Particle Systems to render the fire, but this takes an incredibly long time, even with me render farming two computers.
I am hoping that someone could show me a way to help fix this problem with the atmospheric apparatus, or show me another,quicker, easier way for this to render that doesn't take a full day to render 400 frames. Even pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

---------EDIT----------

Ok, so if I convert Exposure Control to Logarithmic, I can get the fire (atmospheric apparatus) to render (sort of). The problem is that the fire is darkened. :\
Any ideas?