3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

which one better?3dsmax or maya?

Posted: May 06, 2010
3d artist gallery virtualWorld
hi people.. i am a 3dsmax user.. i want to ask which software do u think is better?3dsmax or maya?or even cinema4d?

thx 4 ur time Smile
Posted: May 17, 2010
What does "better" even mean?

3DSM is the most popular, but both 3DSM and MAYA are owned by Autodesk. They are both the most popular 3D programs available, and both equally powerful. It is the user that matters.
Posted: May 19, 2010
zaheerzad12
Maya most easy to use than Max i think.......................
Posted: May 22, 2010
Trax
Well, excuse me for answering a question with a question?

Are you in for the modeling or animation or both?

There is an ongoing debate of which software is best at what, but there is one thing we all agree on, all meaning myself and fellow classmates, Max is good for modeling and Maya is ELITE for animation. Now I don't say Max is ELITE at modeling for a lot of various reasons that I won't get into right now just because it will be like a book.

I have never used nor do I see myself ever using Cinema4d, but we'll see. So I can not comment on that particular software package. What I can say is that if you wish to work in the industry, modeling and animation, I would be familiar with Max and Maya, Maya more so for animation.
Posted: September 02, 2010
bryan
Both are easy to use, both gives high quality output, I think the "better" part that you mean depends on how compatible and comfortable you are to work with that software. If you feel like working on Maya rather than Max, so I think that's better for you. Or maybe the other way around Smile Just sharing me idea. Good luck! Smile
I agree with bryan. None is better which one is chosen depends on how comfortable for you it is.
Posted: September 06, 2010
Drewid
Got to agree.
I'm using Max right now, but I prefer Maya for animation. The weird thing is, I couldn't necessarily give a list of reasons as to why, one feature as against another.
Posted: September 17, 2010
ariff13
they are both the same actually, just for different need. i use both of them and love both of them.