3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Need help on Source machinima film

Posted: March 23, 2010
drkessence
Hello everyone.

I'll make this short and sweet. I work for Machinima, Inc. as a machinima film director. We are currently working on a machinima based on the Haruhi Suzumiya novels (if you don't know what machinima is, there is a fine article on wikipedia about it). For the engine, we are using Source. Unfortunately, no one has made any models/skins that we can use for the characters. That's why I'm here. We're looking for some one/people to throw us together some models (some may be as simple as just the same character with different hair styles) either based on the descriptions given in the novel or rough look-alikes of the characters in the anime (which was based on the novel and, from what I've seen, look decently like the novel's descriptions).

No rigging or animating is necessary, but if you'd like a bigger role, you are welcome to help us integrate the model into the Source engine.

Obviously, all credit would be given to those who helped in the form of your name in the credits and a link to any site you may have. Of course, we'd also mention 3dmd in the Special Thanks section of the credits as well. :thumbsup:

Anyone who is even remotely interested, you can email me at drkessence(at)sbcglobal(dot)net (avoiding spam). You can also do so if you'd like more information on the project or have any other questions. Keep in mind that we are searching for help on other 3d modeling forums as well, so time is of the essence when it comes to contacting me.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone who offers their help.