3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

New guy interested in 3D art

Posted: February 26, 2010
Spazzimus
Hello All!

I’ve been interested in 3D art/animation since I saw Toy Story 1

Since then I’ve been watching almost every pixar/dreamworks and other works on the screen.

I would like to start teaching myself (and obviously getting some invaluable tips from you guys).

So what do you guys suggest I begin with?and which software should I buy?

Thanks all!
Very Happy
Posted: February 26, 2010
Spazzimus
Aah okay si I've been scratching around in the forum and found some suggestions.

Poser? Would that be a good start for a software program?

Any sites with great tutorials?

Thanks
Posted: March 27, 2010
makecg
Welcome to the forum... I would probably start with zbrush man..
Posted: March 27, 2010
makecg
After Zbrush I would get maya so you can import your zbrushed models into and start texturing and rendering.
Posted: July 28, 2010
sancheuz
Then go on to 3ds Max, a standard 3d program industry-wide.
Posted: August 31, 2010
bryan
Yes! I agree with sancheuz, use 3ds Max, it is easy to use, user friendly Smile
Learn tips through scanning the forum, reading topics and also thorough research in the web. Also tutorials would be of great help.

Good luck Spazzimus Smile
3ds should be good. Could look hard at start with all these menus all around but there is a lot of helpful materials for this and during learning you'll find that it's simplier than you thought. There is also many plugins and interesting scripts for max that will save you al lot of time with your work.
Posted: December 06, 2010
MSpark
MAYA is powerful software to make animation
Posted: January 27, 2011
imandehearty
Hi! I just saw the Revolutionary 3D Software that helps you create stunning 3D Animations. I watched the videos posted and it was AMAZING!! It has many awesome features like ease of interface, advanced 3D modeling, 3D cartoon animation, realtime 3D/game creation, 3D editing and compositing, enhanced 3D Rendering, Complex 3D Shading, Interactive 3D Rigging, and Realistic Physics & Particles. What's more you can overview the features too. Also, this software is compatible with both Mac Os X and Win 98 to Windows 7. Probably it would be a great help for people like you.. The reviews given are very positive too! You can see it in the link(at my signature). Hope it helps! =)
imandehearty
lol..I am not able to give the website here but it is really an awesome software! PM or contact me if you want to know. I am so excited when I saw it. =)
3d artist gallery Andyba
imandehearty account was deleted.
He was trying to advertise illusionmage which is in reality the open source Blender