3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

New car work wip

Posted: February 24, 2010
bastamokum
Hello, i'm new here. I started 3d modelling again after a long time, begon on working on a fictional car. I tought i show you people some work in progress to see what you think of it. i hope you like it so far.. Smile and this is pretty much what i know how to do, about mapping, rendering, painting and stuff i got no idea yet..

GT 2.JPG GT 1.JPG GT 3.JPG
Posted: March 12, 2010
Liman
nice! I like this! Supersport car, lol
Posted: March 19, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
It is pretty nice. It would be cool to see it without all the triangles - quad polys only.

And of course rendered. Smile
Posted: May 11, 2010
Sickmind
Cool to see this WIP. Sometimes i like the wireframes more than the endresult. Im addicted to wireframes Razz
Posted: June 11, 2010
rmiquele
looks good it would look good to see it textured.
Posted: July 02, 2010
TanadrineStudios
Andyba wrote:
It is pretty nice. It would be cool to see it without all the triangles - quad polys only.

Agreed, you should post a non-wireframe shaded solid version of this WIP. It looks ok, but I can't judge it at this point.
Posted: August 26, 2010
bryan
Sickmind wrote:
Cool to see this WIP. Sometimes i like the wireframes more than the endresult. Im addicted to wireframes Razz

This is most of the time correct. The wireframes sometimes look cooler than the endresult. In my opinion, Wireframes looks good because it is the blueprint of something. It looks good mostly on cars and buildings because you have to have blueprints for you to create something.
Rear wing is way to steep of an angle looks like an air brake.
Posted: April 27, 2011
3d artist gallery nbimage
PaulSutton wrote:
Rear wing is way to steep of an angle looks like an air brake.

i have to agree, google some F1 cars and spoilers to tweek it, just doesn't look very aerodynamic in the back.