3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

My body is flatlined

Posted: January 02, 2010
galdon
been working on making a decent base body (no limbs, but appropriate areas to put them in or build into) but I am having some difficulties trying to figure out the right method.

The two methods i've tried are the cube method, where one takes a subdivided cube and shapes it into the body, but that method either looks way too square or way too flat, and when i try adding further subdivisions or verticies I invariably get flooded with triangle faces.

The other method being following a picture, but it never seems to look right; in perportion the chest and shoulder area always looks far too wide, but thinning it only makes it look like a flat rectangle, and the butt always ends up either non existent or deformed. (not entirely sure if this is the result of my poor performance or having sub optimal images to base it on)

Does anybody know a good video tutorial, tutorial with lots of pictures, or something to help me get a visual feel for what I am aiming for? (i learn best through watching and imitating)
Posted: January 07, 2010
Algomorph
Stay put. I'm currently making a new Human Anatomy Modeling tutorial. You can read about it in the CG society Modeling forum.

Part 1 will focus on making primary forms of the human body. Right now only Part 5 is published, though.
Posted: January 09, 2010
galdon
Ok, thanks. I'll be sure to check over there then.
Posted: January 16, 2010
Algomorph
Part I is finally ready: CGTalk thread.