3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

someone please help me find a laptop

Posted: November 21, 2009
jp
hi my name's jp:) i'm looking to buy a laptop for 3d modeling/game design. i want to use mudbox 2010,Adobe Photoshop CS4,blender,zbrush. and i want it to run smooth. please someone help me. i need this for college. i can spend $500 please help me:(
Posted: December 03, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
You will not find a laptop for $500 to run zbrush and mudbox smoothly.
You will not even find a desktop for this amount considering that yo have to buy the monitor too.
Posted: June 09, 2010
showboat66
id post some links but im not sure if that is against the tos but there are a few sites that sell refurbished gear for pretty cheap, u could look into that and maybe find something with enough power in that price range.
Posted: August 26, 2010
bryan
Hmmm.. I suggest holding your money for a while and try to save some more. If you plan to have these softwares working to the maximum quality, then might as well use an appropriate Laptop. Be patient, don't rush things. With time, you will make the following softwares run smoothly with your appropriate computer. Smile
Alienware is awesome for 3d, I know few guys who use them and love it .
Posted: September 08, 2011
baalnazzar
Be patient, earn more and buy desktop if you want to save some money. Strong desktop is much, much cheaper than laptop and it looks like you need cheaper stuff.