3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Who needs rendering power?

Posted: November 16, 2009
BugsHunter
Hello, i have 96 cpus with Maya (+PRMan), Shake & XSI 6.5 onto the boxes and would be able to render something if you need!
Leave a message on the topic for more informations!
Posted: January 28, 2010
andrewbell
I have a vue scene that takes my i7 pc 24 hours to do 1 frame, would love to see what this looks like (as an animation) ! ATM my plan is to wait for about 5 years and attempt to render again Surprised Until then ..,. unless someone gives me free use of a render farm or very cheap use I am stuck
Posted: January 29, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
Andrewbell, what do you have in that scene that it renders so long?
Posted: January 29, 2010
andrewbell
Lots of megas high poly models 1,000,000 polys +
30+ large procedral terrains
huge transparent orbs ... the list goes on!
Basically I made a mess of things when setting the scenery up decided it looked brilliant and got carried away (forgetting that I did not have pixar on standby to render it for me... I am fairly new to animation).. I finally stopped modelling when vue became unresponsive 215 mb vue file. I am rendering to broadcast levels/settings the computer uses 11.5 gig of my 12 gig of ram. But managed to get a few seconds of footage out of it lol

The animation is 3 minutes long and would prob take my pc a few years to do! That is a nice setup you have if I run into any big buck soon I will give you a shout. My best course of action is to try and redesign the scene and maybe start from scratch