3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3ds Max: Particles and Dynamics?

Posted: November 03, 2009
Belduran
Hi,

I am making my final project for the 3D animation course I am taking and my teacher have a hard time finding the answers to my questions and the assignment is due soon. So I have a couple of, what I believe could be, advanced questions.

1. I have a flow of water going through a village, big enough to take the village with it. I am using Parray for the flow of water. The whole village is in an RBcollection and every objects are setup properly with mass and all.

I can't get the water flow to swoop the village away.

I read in the help files that it is possible to do:

[Quote: You can use a particle stream from a particle emitter as a force on an object: the particles can collide with and be deflected by the object, as well as move it. You can attach special dynamics objects to objects, such as Spring to simulate the effects of a spring. Quote]

I didn't find anymore help then this. Didn't find a tutorial on how it's doable.

Any ideas?

2. I have a meteor hitting a dam and part of the dam breaks into pieces as the meteor hits it. I used ProCutter on the dam to make a few big chunks that makes the explosion debris. The whole dam is in a RBcollection. The edge pieces of the dam have no mass so they don't move but the rest do so they would fly about as the meteor hits them but the problem is:

When I do a preview using Reactor Real-time Preview, the pieces of the dam that have mass just falls apart before anything happens. I need them to stay still until the moment the meteor hits them. Furthermore, they intersect with the ground and the pieces of the dam that don't move and even sometime with each other.

Is the intersecting just a Define Collision Pairs issue or is there more to it?

I hope this is clear enough and easy to understand because I must say even myself get lost in it sometimes! =)

I hope you have solutions to my problems!

Thank you in advance!

Belduran (I have yet to come up with an animator name!!)